Obstacle on cycle path...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And therein lies the rub: for the purposes of this subject, cyclists etc are not 'traffic flow'.
So no-one gives a shirt.
Do you mean in law, or in practice? Like Mr Classic, I've also reminded councils to stop claiming we're not traffic. Sustrans also went through a phase of calling their routes "traffic-free" which definitely isn't true of popular stretches.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The county council have got back to me.....
‘Not our problem, district Council or police’
Sorry for missing that "Cambs CC" in the opening post meant Cambridgeshire County Council and not Cambridge City Council. The county council are arguably correct: while highway defects are a county council responsibility, highway obstruction is a police responsibility, while parking offences (in many places and I think Cambridge) and illegal dumping are the city council's problem.

This is why I use www.fixmystreet.com because it does better than me at directing problems to the correct body at the first attempt. I think it still stuffs up when it's Highways England's responsibility, though.

Of course, the ***** council should just pass the report on to the city council, instead of leaving you to start all over again, but they won't. Welcome to patchwork government. Party like it's 1974!

I with the Government would stop merely consulting and just introduce an absolute ban on pavement parking. It ain't difficult.

Isn't "Consulting" the political equivalent of "Nah, can't be bothered, so we'll kick it into the long grass"?

I'd have thought that blocking pavements this way is against laws protecting people with disabilities, because it means they can't get where they need to go, which is discrimating against them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I posted this picture a few weeks ago - a car blocking a footpath at the back of Todmorden bus station ....

Free parking.jpg

Top Bottom