Odd/bizarre FB suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

FB is very much like Strava for me I could manage quite easily without either, but they do have uses, the groups in Facebook are very good (no doubt there is some bad ones) and Strava stats are usefull) I ditched Strava for a while, and on rejoinig I have limited to who I follow and who follows me to one, my son,
I have also pruned my Facebook friends, to include only relatives and people I actualy know, plus I have had to turn off notifications from some friends who seem to have turned right wing since the Brexit vote.
I haven't had any unusual groups suggested, but one or two very attractive women have offered to be my friend, "I made my excuses and left" as they used to say in the NOTW.

I've had one or two friend requests from attractive young ladies, very flattering, but what does a twenty something living in Los Angeles want with a sixty seven year old grandad from the west midlands? Request deleted.

Drago

Legendary Member
Joining Fartbook in the first place is an odd/bizarre thing to do.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Binned Facebook about 18 months ago - far too many adverts and few 'family' feeds - you'd have to scroll through the rubbish to see any family stuff. Still, the app keeps updating itself on my phone - you can't delete it.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've had one or two friend requests from attractive young ladies, very flattering, but what does a twenty something living in Los Angeles want with a sixty seven year old grandad from the west midlands? Request deleted.

Tsk tsk. :rolleyes:

So very quick to judge, perhaps she's researching the industrial revolution, and believes you can supply some on the ground historical Intel..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Can't a girl fancy older men now without people thinking its suspicious? How on earth are the likes of Hugh Hefner or Bill Wyman ever supposed to get a date?

Typical..

Assuming it all comes down to base desire.

'Girls' do have other interests besides romantic entanglements you know.. :rolleyes:

And i understand Creepy Lizard-man Hefner has passed away now, so there is one massive sigh of relief to be heaved, on behalf of womankind at least :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
club uses facefluff for organising rides , events etc otherwise i wouldnt bother with it

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ta for the reply but I thought that sort of thing only happened with stuff tied into the android op system.
You can at least turn of all of its app permissions?

Facebook seems to be part of the 'tied in' apps, certainly on Samsung's. I just deleted all my settings, but the thing still sits there !

D

Deleted member 1258

Facebook seems to be part of the 'tied in' apps, certainly on Samsung's. I just deleted all my settings, but the thing still sits there !

I have a Nokia phone and a Lenovo tablet and on those I can delete Facebook if I want to, it looks like its something thats peculiar to Samsung.

Drago

Legendary Member
FWIW I use a large Samsugn tablet and had no trouble completely disabling the app in settings. If I scroll onto the list kf I stalled apps it shows, but nowhere else. It shows as using 0% resources, so presumably is indeed genuinely disabled.

D

Deleted member 1258

FWIW I use a large Samsugn tablet and had no trouble completely disabling the app in settings. If I scroll onto the list kf I stalled apps it shows, but nowhere else. It shows as using 0% resources, so presumably is indeed genuinely disabled.

It sounds like it.

Top Bottom