Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
And Adam's Bottom in Bedfordshire.

classic33

Leg End Member
Up top
4223199497_2c5500498b.jpg

images-8.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Welsh Cakes were originally baked rock hard and used as weapons against English invaders

The English have never been interested in Wales, what with its unpronouncable place names and close choral singing, and have never tried to invade. The English were in fact merely trying g to find a shortcut to get to Ireland for the Guinness.

Nevertheless, invasion has hever been far from the minds of the Welsh. Prior to 1939 Welsh place names were fairly normal, like Jonestown and Taffyville, but fearing that Hitler had his eye on the place they erected thousands of sig s with stupid, unpronouncable names in order confuse the invading Nazzie hordes. Following the war the Welsh, being a chronically lazy people, never bothered changing the signs back and the daft place names stuck.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Before tin became a valuable commodity the locals used to mine for Cornish Pasties. If you go on a tour of a Cornish tin mine you can often see the evidence if where they dug out the pasties from the seams.

classic33

Leg End Member
The World Coal Carrying championship is held in Yorkshire every Easter Monday.

The ideal weight of the winner is said to be 10st 7lb and the most successful entrants are window cleaners, builders and farmers.

Top Bottom