Odd things that have happened to you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My entire life has been a Tale Of The Unexpected!

Were you the dancing naked silhouette?
:ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
Not me but relations...
Dad had an identical twin brother. Both served in the RAF at the same time although completely different squadrons.
Circa 1965, dad was in Rhodesia with a Vickers Valliant squadron, a guy came running excitedly up to him...'PETE, PETE, what are YOU doing here ?'
'No no, thats my brother :tongue:' dad explained. The other guy couldnt believe it, convinced my dad was having him on. (Pete was actually in the States at that time)

Then, explaining to mum something the other day about when i was in Egypt she told me of her elder brothers, one in the Army, the other in the Navy. WW2, Egypt, one was walking up the steps to the post office in Cairo...and came face to face with his brother coming down the steps :ohmy:
What are the chances ???

My son is a british Gas engineer. My dad was a prolific aviation and shipping artist. My son was called to a house to service the boiler. The lady seemed surprised by his surname which isn't common...'i've got a painting on the wall by someone of that name' :wacko:
My son had a look...'Yep, that's my grandads'
Some weeks later he got a message....the lady would like you to have that painting. It'd been her husbands who had passed away and it didn't do anything for her. Nice thought...

Went to Tenerife a few years ago. We were accosted by a mad french lady who wanted to give us £50 each to go a few miles around the coast to look at a timeshare. Daft as brushes we agreed.
On arriving we got fed up with the presentation, really liked the look of the resort and had a wander. We sat down at a bar in the sun, looking over the beach and sea and ordered beers.
The couple on the next table asked where we were from. Turn out they lived a couple of streets away in Penistone.

Top Bottom