Odd things that have happened to you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Many years ago my first love and I shared a poky flat together.
One night he went out clubbing with his mates. I had an early night.
I had a dream about an old school friend who I hadn't seen since we left school, that she was marrying a soldier.
I'm the morning I told my boyfriend about my dream and he said "that's a coincidence, I saw her in the leadmill last night, she was on her hen night and she's getting married to a soldier next week"!

We were driving from Cairnryan to Portsmouth to get a ferry and stopped in a motorway services on the M40 and after a few minutes found a free parking space. My wife looked out the window and realised that the next car was my sister and her husband and kids who were driving from Holyhead to Windsor. A bit of a coincidence I thought.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We were driving from Cairnryan to Portsmouth to get a ferry and stopped in a motorway services on the M40 and after a few minutes found a free parking space. My wife looked out the window and realised that the next car was my sister and her husband and kids who were driving from Holyhead to Windsor. A bit of a coincidence I thought.

Cairnryan to Portsmouth, oooofff! My condolencies!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 3649812, member: 259"]Strip searched by the East German border police at Checkpoint Charlie. I had been humming and hahing about buying some of that Turkish hash only an hour before. :ohmy:

They took Animal Farm and two shite novels by Christa Wolf (then resident in the GDR but semi-banned) away.[/QUOTE]

.... And this was only last week!! :laugh:

[QUOTE 3649812, member: 259"]Strip searched by the East German border police at Checkpoint Charlie. I had been humming and hahing about buying some of that Turkish hash only an hour before. :ohmy:

They took Animal Farm and two shite novels by Christa Wolf (then resident in the GDR but semi-banned) away.[/QUOTE]
They found those when they strip searched you! My eyes are watering.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

At least they let you keep the Danielle Steel and Jeffrey Archer books.

gbb

Legendary Member
At the age of about19 I had a bad accident, two weeks in hospital, two months off work efc etc. During that time, it occured to us my gold ring had disappeared. Could have been lost in the accident, could have been in hospital, perhaps even stolen...I didnt even know it was gone until I was asked where it was maybe a month after the accident.
My job at the time was a storeman in an engineering department, thousands of items in hundreds of parts bins. I had to do an annual stock check which took a week usually.
Many months after returning to work I was stock checking....and found my gold ring in a bin of spares located above head height in the racking. :huh:
I hadnt knowingly been In that bin several months before..i hadnt issued any spares from that location, i didnt and dont know how or when it got there or how i didnt realise it was missing. Youd suspect it must have fallen in there on the day (well night, id been on nightshift) i had the accident.
Nearly 40 years later, I still cant work out what happened.

gbb

Legendary Member
Once got told not to come to work until 5pm..the Uruguayan president was coming to visit.

Working in Neuva Palmira, Uruguay in a tax free zone port. None of us were allowed to work that day till he'd gone. What?...were they ashamed of us ? Wouldnt mind, I probably had to work till the small hours of the next day.

Top Bottom