Odd things that have happened to you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a few years ago i was listening to some old '80s music on spotify, not the cherished music i still love, but some of the more mainstream stuff i'd not heard since 1986 or so. as i'm reacquainting myself with king :blush: , my email pings, with a facebook friend request from the girl i was seeing at the time who was a big fan of them…

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation

I was looking for a new car a few weeks ago. Giving up on the search we stopped at a retail park to buy some bits for the next holiday, then decided to try a dealership across town as a last resort. After 10 minutes of talking to the strangely familiar looking salesman that walked up to us we both realised something - He was my Mother's neighbour's grandson.
Even better, got a great deal on the car I was after.

MarkF

Guru
Was at party at 16, took a dare to ride a moped (green SS50) naked, horribly coincidentally I was spotted by a police car, things escalated and a chase ensued..........at 40mph........it made the papers and I am still known for it........34 years later. :sad:

ss.jpg

Mange-tout

I used to go to a mainly-male oriented fitness class with a female friend. We had a ball with all the fellas but didn't particularly like the instructor. We just thought he was a bit 'slimy', as one does when one is young.

Went to a party with all the fitness class and a lady walked over to me who had been talking to Mr Slimy. She said she recognised me as her cousin, and Mr Slimy was her brother (both much older and we had lost touch). Hearing this, drunk friend kindly told my new-found cousin our nickname for him :ohmy:.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I used to go to a mainly-male oriented fitness class with a female friend. We had a ball with all the fellas but didn't particularly like the instructor. We just thought he was a bit 'slimy', as one does when one is young.

Went to a party with all the fitness class and a lady walked over to me who had been talking to Mr Slimy. She said she recognised me as her cousin, and Mr Slimy was her brother (both much older and we had lost touch). Hearing this, drunk friend kindly told my new-found cousin our nickname for him :ohmy:.

.... And is he slimy then?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Was at party at 16, took a dare to ride a moped (green SS50) naked, horribly coincidentally I was spotted by a police car, things escalated and a chase ensued..........at 40mph........it made the papers and I am still known for it........34 years later. :sad:
You need to encourage/discourage Mickle ! :hyper:

monkeylc

Über Member
I once feel over and became backward.

Me and my better half went to Tenerife, and on the promise of a free taxi ride back were taken to the other side of the island to look at a new hotel. Got fed up as the sales presentation got longer and more expensive looking, so bailed out.
It was a gorgeous beach, so we sat and had a beer, and talked about how far removed it was from freezing cold Penistone.
The couple next to us turned round and said hello. They live on the next street to my better half in Penistone.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Today I was sitting in my car, in my drive during a hailstone down poor, contemplating getting out of the car and making a rush for the for the house. I switched off the engine and the hailstorm immediately stopped! Weird.

Moved into rented house and in second week a knock comes on the door.

Open the door to find I'm facing 3 of the roughest guys you might ever meet.

The leader grabs me by the throat and demands to know where "she" is. Then the other two chime in with "where is she you ****?"

Then all three rush past me and start searching the house. After 5 minutes they returned without success in locating "her" and asked in a lot calmer manner where she was.

I was telling them I hadn't a clue what they were on about when one of the guys whispered something to the others and they all ran off into the night.

A month later I learnt that the house next door was a refuge for battered wives!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Moved into rented house and in second week a knock comes on the door.

Open the door to find I'm facing 3 of the roughest guys you might ever meet.

The leader grabs me by the throat and demands to know where "she" is. Then the other two chime in with "where is she you ****?"

Then all three rush past me and start searching the house. After 5 minutes they returned without success in locating "her" and asked in a lot calmer manner where she was.

I was telling them I hadn't a clue what they were on about when one of the guys whispered something to the others and they all ran off into the night.

A month later I learnt that the house next door was a refuge for battered wives!
I tell you what - that story has just made me think what a fantastic job the people running those refuges do, and what a pathetic thing it is that they are necessary!

Top Bottom