Odd Things That Have Happened To You

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just wondering if anyone else has had, looking back on it, anything "odd" happen.

Me. Being carried out of Midnight Mass, by the local undertaker and staff. Then being loaded into the hearse, no ambulance.
Then driven to the nearest hospital, via a local doctors, who seemed a bit uneasy with the hearse pulling up outside his house.
Hospital none to keen on a hearse "unloading" at the main entrance, with the rear passenger walking in.

All told back to me later, which is how I know.

Fubar

Guru
Joining CycleChat!

Sara_H

Guru
Just wondering if anyone else has had, looking back on it, anything "odd" happen.

Me. Being carried out of Midnight Mass, by the local undertaker and staff. Then being loaded into the hearse, no ambulance.
Then driven to the nearest hospital, via a local doctors, who seemed a bit uneasy with the hearse pulling up outside his house.
Hospital none to keen on a hearse "unloading" at the main entrance, with the rear passenger walking in.

You've stifled the debate by opening it up with the oddest thing that can happen to someone!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

I think there is a requirement for more information here.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A very fat bloke keeled over at a concert in Salisbury Cathedral and my sister and BIL, both ICU nurses, jumped on him and tried to revive him but he died, which earned them a round of applause from the congregation. Obviously the applause was for their efforts, not for him dying.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I got knocked out by a bloke who had just be knocked out..
I was walking up the entrance ramp in bull and dolphin pub pboro in the early 80's
pub was a propper rough and ready biker type pub.
2 guys having a ruck, one chins the other and that guy fell on me and I hit a wall with my bonce.
only out for a couple of seconds..and then fell into a roadworks hole on the way home..beer may have played a part in that evenings events:blink:

nice one @classic33 that is a one off.

this could be a good thread..people do funny things

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I think there is a requirement for more information here.
What?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I got knocked out by a bloke who had just be knocked out..
I was walking up the entrance ramp in bull and dolphin pub pboro in the early 80's
pub was a propper rough and ready biker type pub.
2 guys having a ruck, one chins the other and that guy fell on me and I hit a wall with my bonce.
only out for a couple of seconds..and then fell into a roadworks hole on the way home..beer may have played a part in that evenings events:blink:

nice one @classic33 that is a one off.

this could be a good thread..people do funny things

I think every night I've ever had in P-bugger has been notable for one reason or another!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
A very fat bloke keeled over at a concert in Salisbury Cathedral and my sister and BIL, both ICU nurses, jumped on him and tried to revive him but he died, which earned them a round of applause from the congregation. Obviously the applause was for their efforts, not for him dying.
Might have met @Fnaar under similar circumstances.

winjim

Smash the cistern
These churches sound like dangerous places. Has somebody angered the Almighty?

Hyslop

Veteran

I think theres a lot of the Terry Pratchett about you:smile:

Top Bottom