Off bike 3 days...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Does anyone actually cycle on here?

Yes and when on road I don't find it threatening even at peak times.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
How anyone is not empathising is beyond me. Does anyone actually cycle on here?
I cycle through Ipswich, Felixstowe, Norwich and various other places such as Exeter (when in the area). I don't find the roads particularly threatening. Sure, I encounter the odd numpty on the roads, but for the main part it's fine.
I find more bad driving on duel carriageways and motorways, when I'm in the car obviously, than cycling through towns, villages, cities etc on my bike.
Have you considered riding off road on the many trails that Sustrans has arranged for us to go out and play on? :smile: I don't know what area you live in, but there is bound to be somewhere fun to go.

I TOOK TIME OFF THE BICYCLE, AND RAN INSTEAD, UPON CYCLING I FOUND THE ROADS VERY THREATENING !

- Now what's so fkg difficult to understand about that ???

: I'm getting more and more convinced this place (cyckechat) is 1 major JOKE

It's a good job your in no way aggressive or threatening so as to add to the "war zone" you ride in. Could you imagine what it would be like without your calm laid back demeanour

Fortunately up here it's all cows, sheep and cycle friendly outdoorsy type. F*****g ars****e b*****d t**ts...... That's better, bloody war zone it is

mythste

Veteran
The forum, by its very nature invites interesting and informative conversation, usually around a common interest or idea. Typically the most successful posts offer thought provoking ideas or answer questions to the benefit of the population. Like any community when you start to abuse the resources (in this case, our time and forum space) the community may intend to stop you doing it again through humorous commentary education.

To that end, may your headphones get caught on a doorhandle before you find yourself posting nonsense and reacting like a bafoon again.

To the warzone, chaps.

I cycle in London and every commute is like a lazy Sunday afternoon ride back form the pub. We all plod along, stop for the odd chat, maybe to just soak in a lovely view. Usually a few fellow cyclists come along and we light a campfire. Someone ALWAYS has pan-pipes and we listen to the beautiful sounds whilst regaling each other with heat-felt stories of love, family, life and existential happiness.

Sometimes I do get cutup by a cntu in a BMW and tell him to go fudge himself but that's no more than once a journey,

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh that reminds London is often horrific. There I am cycling merrily along and all of a sudden some nobber appears nearby on a bike waving, smiling and shouting "Good morning" at me. They always seem to expect a response. I'll give 'em a feckin response.

Oh that reminds London is often horrific. There I am cycling merrily along and all of a sudden some nobber appears nearby on a bike waving, smiling and shouting "Good morning" at me. They always seem to expect a response. I'll give 'em a feckin response.
Thank goodness I don't understand 'northern' so it;s just a noise when they say something to me.

I assume it's 'hello'.....

Thank goodness I don't understand 'northern' so it;s just a noise when they say something to me.

I assume it's 'hello'.....

Erm, a dig at Northerners??? What a f***ing cheek, ignorant barstewards, it's people like you lot that make me sick, fellow cyclists my arse. Joke this forum, total fck joke. And more people are supposed to cycle ????

Erm, a dig at Northerners??? What a f***ing cheek, ignorant barstewards, it's people like you lot that make me sick, fellow cyclists my arse. Joke this forum, total fck joke. And more people are supposed to cycle ????
Sorry, I didn't understand any of that. I assume it's either the dole office or pub you're after?

Citius

How anyone is not empathising is beyond me. Does anyone actually cycle on here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUdEN5pESFj_D1pAOBZ2th2REIVm3kdjiik60Vnl3XhOT3gyZyBg.jpg

Top Bottom