Off to London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shows how long since I’ve visited. Cheapest discounted fare is £3.40 still a lot cheaper than the London Eye.

It was never a quid.

Jason

Replicate the experience without the inconvenience of going there by flushing all your money down the khazi and getting someone to shout 'get out my fackin way you slaaag' at you all day.

Set fire to a bucket of diesel and breathe the smoke, and get someone to steal your wallet for that true Laarrrndon experience. Then go to any local shop and insist on paying three times more than the sticker price.

you country bumpkins must look so stupid that the Londoners think "why not take advantage of these yokels"

In reality London is a brilliant place to visit and experience. Worked in London for the last 28 years (all sorts of hours on call) and never once experienced anything unpleasant. People don't go round shouting at each other, but get on with their own business.
Pollution is a fact of any major city, so please climb down, off your high horses

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
you country bumpkins must look so stupid that the Londoners think "why not take advantage of these yokels"

In reality London is a brilliant place to visit and experience. Worked in London for the last 28 years (all sorts of hours on call) and never once experienced anything unpleasant. People don't go round shouting at each other, but get on with their own business.
Pollution is a fact of any major city, so please climb down, off your high horses

Beggin' your pardon guv'nor but I've never been there so don't know any better.

It was never a quid.
Unless you were attending a famous rock band concert at the O2. then it was a Quid pro Quo

Go to Borough Market. Then pop into (free) Southwark Cathedral which is lovely, dawdle along the river, past The Globe, towards Tate Modern. Peep into people's living rooms from the Tate extension balcony, take in the view from the bar, descend and continue Westwards, cross over towards Charing Cross, pop into Gordons at Embankment, walk up Villiers Street, cross and walk upwards to The Harp (full of shouty Londoners most of the time) :whistle: then hang a right for Covent Garden, a left for Nelson / The Mall / Soho etc That's a few hours taken care of...fed and watered.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yesterday

London's mayor, Sadiq Khan, tweeted: "The shocking & illegal state of London's toxic air means I've had to trigger a high air pollution alert today."

Randomnerd

Bimbleur

Horrible attitude. They're only having a laugh.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That's what my granddaughter and I had.
Also, kids get a certificate for climbing the 311 steps up, and 311 steps back down!
You can look up times of the Tower bridge lifts. The kids and I watched one lift from inside the walkways but had seen an earlier lift from the top of the monument.

EDIT - found some pics!
upload_2017-9-29_15-10-29.png

upload_2017-9-29_15-10-43.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom