hackbike 666 said:I find it's pigeons in the early morning all feeding in the road and i've had a few fly into my spokes.Commiserations mate.
John the Monkey said:This morning - pottering along up Egerton Road when a cat comes running across in front of me.
Slammed the brakes on, but must have had the bike at an angle, because the front got away from me and down I went.
Rear rack is scraped up (but seems ok) and the plastic bits of my STis are a mess - my Carradice stood up to things pretty well, and is just a bit dirty (thanks Priscilla, you made that one well!) I have a bruised elbow and a bit of road rash on my knee. The cat buggered off before I could give it a kick in the arse.
FFS, what a Monday.
John the Monkey said:This morning - pottering along up Egerton Road when a cat comes running across in front of me.
Slammed the brakes on, but must have had the bike at an angle, because the front got away from me and down I went.
Rear rack is scraped up (but seems ok) and the plastic bits of my STis are a mess - my Carradice stood up to things pretty well, and is just a bit dirty (thanks Priscilla, you made that one well!) I have a bruised elbow and a bit of road rash on my knee. The cat buggered off before I could give it a kick in the arse.
FFS, what a Monday.
Yeah, sadly a loud "Argh! Oh bugger!" didn'tBongman said:A loud "psssst" does the trick for me (with cats)

Mine's a Lowsaddle Longflap - fantastic bag, and as I've just discovered, pretty hard wearingPlax said:Do you have a Barley? Priscilla also did a good job on my Barley - when I was offed by ice earlier this year my Barley escaped any damage (just dirt looked like road salt).
I do wish it had the organiser pocket that the Super C's do, but might and up making one of those. Other than that, great day ride & commuting luggage.Mine are just a mess - I'll put new name plates on the bits to buy list, I think...My right STI shifter was well f*c'd though. Totally snapped in half at the hood and the name plate went AWOL
hackbike 666 said:Four pigeons again yesterday flew at me as I disturbed them.
