offensive images - Admin move to room 101!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
presenting......................

the Colnago Tourista!
DSC00021.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Is that your luggage for a six month trek?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Helen, darling, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET IN TO THIS. Because it's a girl thing. My luggage for a six month trip would fit in to a 5 litre bag. This is a 16 litre bag, which, apparently, does not take in to account the need to change for dinner. What's the world coming to?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Have you got any spare spokes as you look like you're missing a few already ;)

I'm impressed if your babe can tour with a 16 litre bag. I've got 50 litres + rucksack for my German tour in a couple of weeks. Although PippaG is only taking 25 litres of pannier space. Mind you, she's not taking any tools, she's relying on mine :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well, to be fair, this is only five days worth. But I now have to go and buy myself a pair of lightweight trousers (white silk has been suggested) because, apparently, I cannot dine in lycra!

Bigtwin

Yup, that's minging all right.

Oh - and make sure you are not in the sitting down act as the seat post snaps.;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I really like the bag but the bike is pig ugly

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Bigtwin said:
Yup, that's minging all right.

Oh - and make sure you are not in the sitting down act as the seat post snaps.;)

That seat post takes such a pounding in any case I think it'll be fine - the seat is as far forward as it will go, and that puts quite a bit of strain on it. I've got an interleaving layer of dense plastic (well, alright, then, milk 'bottle') between the SQR clip and the post. I have had an aluminium seatpost snap under me, and the memory still brings tears to my eyes.

Is there a support vehicle carrying your bright white knee bandages?

Oh, and you seem to have forgotten to attach your mudguards...

Oh, also, you'll never get up any hills with those huges chainrings - where's your granny, man?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
MacBludgeon said:
I really like the bag but the bike is pig ugly

;) Simon - you don't really have to tour on that thing. I'm sure Bludge will lend you his bike - you know, the one with the butterfly bars.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
pile it on! The Roman Catholic and Jewish bits of me are enjoying the agonies of mortification equally.

Actually I've been for a bit of a spin, and it does behave itself. Would it be sensible to put it as low down on the seat post as it will go?

Bigtwin

dellzeqq said:
pile it on! The Roman Catholic and Jewish bits of me are enjoying the agonies of mortification equally.

Actually I've been for a bit of a spin, and it does behave itself. Would it be sensible to put it as low down on the seat post as it will go?

Let's just hope they are your two arse-cheeks eh?

Err - yes.

Top Bottom