Office 200 Excel S.Sheet - problem...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Can anyone tell me what can stop a cell being included in a sum which relates to a range of figures positioned vertically on the s.sheet...

Even if I left click the top cell and move the mouse down to the bottom one (high-lighting them) it doesnt display the culminative figure: ie ignores a particular cell...

Its not hidden/froze...

domtyler

Über Member
Just do two separate ranges mate. It's east innit! :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Try clicking on the cell with the total in it.

Then

Does it show the formula for that cell at the top of the spreadsheet?
Has someone (or you) entered the formula manually as opposed to highlighting and clicking) and deliberately or otherwise missed out the cell that you think is excluded.

If the formula shows it is missed out, then you could just alter the formula to what you want.

I hope this is not stating the obvious, I expect you know a lot more about computers than I do. ;)

I have just gone into a spreadsheet on this computer
If it is a sum of a column the Formula box should say something like

SUM=(C1:C9) meaning total the cells from C1 to C9. If it lists the cells consectutively, make sure that the one you want is not missed out.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Wolf04 said:
Has the cell got any text or operators in it?

What are 'operators' :biggrin:

Speicher said:
Try clicking on the cell with the total in it.

Then

Does it show the formula for that cell at the top of the spreadsheet?
Has someone (or you) entered the formula manually as opposed to highlighting and clicking) and deliberately or otherwise missed out the cell that you think is excluded.

If the formula shows it is missed out, then you could just alter the formula to what you want.

I hope this is not stating the obvious, I expect you know a lot more about computers than I do. ;)

Its just one no. that is being 'summed' not a cell that contains a sum.

jay clock

Massive member
Try retyping the figure in that cell

The other option is hit F9 that recalcs all formulae. I cannot remember how you reset auto recalc, but I had a similar problem once

Speicher

Vice Admiral
yenrod said:
What are 'operators' ;)

Its just one no. that is being 'summed' not a cell that contains a sum.

In your OP you mentionned "a sum which relates to a range of figures vertically" so I thought you were trying to add up that column of figures but that it keeps missing out one of the numbers from the total.

I am not sure why you are trying to add up (sum) just one number.
Perhaps I have misunderstood your original question.

Madcyclist

Using the sum function, use the Ctrl key to select the first rows in the column, then Ctrl and select the rest, leaving out the cell you want to exclude.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Speicher said:
In your OP you mentionned "a sum which relates to a range of figures vertically" so I thought you were trying to add up that column of figures but that it keeps missing out one of the numbers from the total.

I am not sure why you are trying to add up (sum) just one number.
Perhaps I have misunderstood your original question.

Your confusing me:

Ive a vertical line of figures...

If I write a sum below them, they are missing one cell out of the line of figures ! in the total.

If I high-light them the resultant sum also misses out one of the cells!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
<warning: totally unhelpful interjection on the subject of a typo, and intended to be funny, not snide>

I'm liking the idea of Office 200. That'll be the computer system the Romans used then....:smile:

I'm afraid it sounds like the sort of problem I'd only solve by mistake I'm afraid - darnit, I'm out of practise with Excel...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
That would be Office CC Arch ;)

Nice one!
:ohmy:

Mind you, when you think what the Romans acheived, without computers, do you think having computers would have made them even more powerful, or would it have held them back?:smile:

"Kindly render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's"
"We can't we've lost the disc with the tax records on..."

Top Bottom