Problem at work - wc related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
My position at work means I have to go 500 metres to the nearest (out of 2 available) wc. Last year we used to have blocks of portable toilets (portacabin type) all across the site. Eventually they all have been removed - "HMRC wants to save money" I was told *. There are a few different departaments on site and they all have got dedicated buildings and toilets inside these buildings.

I lost the count how many times I spoke to various supervisors, managers, HR, H&S people about toilets being too far. Nobody cares. Last time was today and after a usual "you can go as many times as you need and to whichever wc you want" I really wanted to spit it out into site manager's face - "It's too far you idiot, I will sh1t myself 20 times before even reaching it".

Twice portaloos appeared on site only to be locked up almost immediately - "it's not for you, it's for lorry drivers". I wonder how a lorry driver would use a locked wc. :scratch:After a couple of weeks those portaloos then have been removed from site.

So our people started secretly urinating at the positions where they are assigned to work. I saw it myself and I also can smell it.

There also were some cases when people had to go home to change their clothing because of ... (oh yes, it actually happened). It happened to me too and I was furious after all.

Toilets that are available for us to use are both men/women so most of the time they are filthy (some people don't know what's a wc). Cleaners do their job but they can't clean them after every person. I asked why toilets are not separated and the answer was "new law says toilets must not be separated anymore". Yeah, sure ...

So it's 21st century. United Kingdom. Government site. New one - it just had been finished.

I've never ever thought that I will work in such a place where people can be humiliated (that's how I see it).

I have MH problems and was taking medications for this. Side effects were diarrhoea. I stopped taking it and now I can see my MH declining.

* - if I tell you how my workplace actually waste taxpayers money - you guys simply won't believe it.

I don't think anything will change. I just needed to let it go. Rant over.

Last edited:
:eek:
Not good, not good...

OP
OP
Ripple

Ripple

Veteran
Jeezus wept, he needs sacking pronto...
Well he's untouchable. Punched a guy in a face. At work. Countless witnesses. Been suspended for 3 weeks (fully paid of course). Went back to work without even a warning.

It seems that I'm actually working for a badly run prison somewhere in Siberia.

classic33

Leg End Member
OP
OP
Ripple

Ripple

Veteran
I know where I'd throw it, and it wouldn't be over any fence.
I said to my colleague today "I will sh1t by site manager's office and will knock on the door. And will run away".

P. S. I looked for all available info about toilets at workplace. Technically we are provided with toilets according all legal requirements. Problem is the distance to them.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sounds like there's a desk somewhere that requires a coil or two laying upon it...

classic33

Leg End Member
I said to my colleague today "I will sh1t by site manager's office and will knock on the door. And will run away".

P. S. I looked for all available info about toilets at workplace. Technically we are provided with toilets according all legal requirements. Problem is the distance to them.
You've said that medication being taken has had side effects that result in your need for as short as possible route to a suitable toilet. That can be covered by the Equalities Act 2010, under reasonable adjustment.

There's no way of asking this, but do you feel that you have adequate time to get to a toilet if the need arises. No details other than Yes or No.

Giving up a medication because of inadequate toilet facilities shouldn't even have to be considered. Employers have a duty of care, and big or small they're not exempt from complying with the law.

Hebe

getting better all the time
OP
OP
Ripple

Ripple

Veteran
@classic33

Once I didn't make it to wc.

From my experience workplaces have got their own laws. I know 100% of a case at this site when a shift manager forbid all his staff to go to wc for 4 hours because there have been a VIP visiting site that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom