Office Bag for a Brompton - advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
I see you've just gone with the C bag. I've got one and find that even with the frame in it's comfortable to use as a shoulder bag off the bike.

If you don't get on with it or need something smarter, another contender if you didn't want leather is the Game bag - if you can still find one.

brompton-game-bag-2015-folding-bike-seesizes-a.jpg

https://www.damianharriscycles.co.u...Lj5FJes2LSlZhqd6m7X3y0cvJzKzCXi4aAivGEALw_wcB

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have the S bag. I can get all my work stuff in it, i use it for shopping and it is big enough for overnight trips. I like the way the shoulder strap operates which makes it easy to carry off the bike. Expensive - as with all Brompton stuff - but i got mine in with my c2w package

+1 to all this. I love the S-bag and consider it a vital adjunct to the Brompton for commuting. The S-bag also has plenty of pockets for things like wallet, keys etc - some other bags are just one big compartment.

You can also remove the frame from the S-bag if you're using it without the bike, but that's more faff than it's worth.

(Admittedly, the C-bag looks pretty good too, but I don't think that existed when I bought my S-bag.)

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Thank you for the additional thoughts. Kell, the Game Bags look really great and are definitely smarter but I don't think that I really need 'smart' to much - I may, of course, change my mind! Thank you for the additional thoughts smutchin, I only went for the C-Bag instead of the S-Bag as it is a marginally bigger - for office stuff and clothes etc. I am now looking forward to using it and it will, hopefully work out okay.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thank you for the additional thoughts smutchin, I only went for the C-Bag instead of the S-Bag as it is a marginally bigger - for office stuff and clothes etc.

Yep, looks like a good choice. Very similar design to the S-bag by the look of it, but as you say, slightly larger.

To be honest, I'm a bit out of date on Brompton bags - it's some years since I bought mine. The design of the S-bag has changed since then, and there are more options available.

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

smutchin, you are a smart person! It is best not to browse too much once you have your purchase! Keeping up to date will only get you hankering after new stuff and that can be a bad road to go down (pun intended!).^_^

U

User10571

Another advocate of the S bag here, used in conjunction with S bars - so I've taken a hacksaw to the rigid handle, without any feeling of loss.
The bag's good enough for my weekly stupormarket visit, and I can bung in a Makita and a couple of batteries and a shed-load of tools.
Also big enough for a weekend away in Smutchin's territory.
One thing that I am sure of, is that I regularly exceed the SWL of the luggage block.
I forsee that failing at some point and the frame being re-drilled and tapped for M6 fasteners.

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Thank you for your feedback, help and suggestions on the S Bag, I am very much hoping that I get on well with my new C Bag.

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Those Game Bags look really great. I don't think that I can spend that much at the moment but I shall have another look in a wee while when I have lived with the C Bag for bit. However, just to keep me thinking! - may I ask what size of laptop fits into the laptop section? - I have a 15-inch MacBook Pro.

doginabag

may I ask what size of laptop fits into the laptop section? - I have a 15-inch MacBook Pro.
I have a C bag and use it daily for my commute. No problem at all with a 15" laptop, on a regular day it would also include a full change of clothes, waterproof trousers, gloves, wallet, two phones, keys, usb battery pack, full size headphones, note book, pens, puncture repair kit, tyre levers, and most importantly lunch and still have room left over.

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

I have a C bag and use it daily for my commute. No problem at all with a 15" laptop, on a regular day it would also include a full change of clothes, waterproof trousers, gloves, wallet, two phones, keys, usb battery pack, full size headphones, note book, pens, puncture repair kit, tyre levers, and most importantly lunch and still have room left over.

Thank you for your user feedback doginabag, much appreciated. I am also really impressed by all that you carry in your bag - amazing. I think that that should be enough stuff for me!

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Thank you for that feedback User, that is very useful to know.
I am just saying but if you ever decide to upgrade then I would be interested in buying your old Game Bag although I do realise that most people keep a selection of bags available for different applications!

Last edited:
Top Bottom