Official Close Pass Licencing response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplepolly

I think the whole thing's contrived, not just the videos, but also the 'opposition'. Col is clearly an alias of magnatom that's used to boost his profile and get more posts. If it wasn't for this alias, mags would drop into obscurity a few minutes after posting his videos. In order to keep up the charade he even argues with himself.

Ha, see we've got you sussed now magnatom-col.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Origamist said:
Holy moley - I'm behind the times. I'm still hand tinting cellulose nitrate rolls of my cycling escapades...!

Before getting a cam, I did carry one of those courtroom illustrators in a pannier for a while. Never worked out though.

Where's col gone? You two were getting on like a house on fire.

bike-turn-persp.jpg

Lurker

col said:
In most cases i would agree, but i dont agree when a cyclist forces a situation just to prove a point or get a vid. They are more dangerous than a motorist who doesnt cycle, then come out with a load of tosh to try and excuse their reasons as to why they were so pig headed or stupid.
These menaces of the road dont want to know that a lot of motorists dont understand their actions, but they do it anyway then berate the poor sucker for dangerous driving when it neednt have happened.Safety in mind??? what a load of twaddle, there are other reasons on their minds, and its definitely not for the good of all us cyclists.

From the Recommendations of TRL Report 549, 'Drivers' perceptions of cyclists', L Basford et al., Department for Transport, 2002:

"Awareness raising

Education of drivers should focus not on helping them to predict cyclist behaviour but on understanding that circumstances will influence that behaviour. This would require an acknowledgement on the part of the driver that the surrounding environment affects cyclist behaviour and challenge one of the central elements of cyclists' status as an 'out group'...."

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
purplepolly said:
I think the whole thing's contrived, not just the videos, but also the 'opposition'. Col is clearly an alias of magnatom that's used to boost his profile and get more posts. If it wasn't for this alias, mags would drop into obscurity a few minutes after posting his videos. In order to keep up the charade he even argues with himself.

You're right! Maggers types his 'col' posts with his left hand to disguise his typing! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
Before getting a cam, I did carry one of those courtroom illustrators in a pannier for a while. Never worked out though.

Where's col gone? You two were getting on like a house on fire.

bike-turn-persp.jpg

If he's like me I am sure he is watching "Dancing on Ice" whilst toiling with The Sunday Times Crossword.

Who'd of thought Magnatom was Col all along...

Polly is CC's Miss Marple.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

'Cinders and Ashes!' (I've been reading Thomas to the kids, can you tell!). My evil plan for world domination has been foiled again.

magnatom strokes next door neighbours tabby cat. None of the neighbours have white long haired cats and there is no way he would waste the money on a cat of his own, being Scottish. However, never let a tabby get in the way of world domination....

I'll need to go to plan B.

Mouse! (that's the name of the cat next door!) Release the hordes of evil mutant, gigantic,camera weilding cyclists onto the streets of every major town and city in the world. Soon I'll be rid of those pesky do-good kids taxi drivers. At last the magnatom collective will rule the world, I tell you, we will rule the world....bwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

:biggrin:

Tune in next week to find out if the only person who could save the world (bentmikey) returns from his soul searching in an ice cave somewhere close to the north pole and defeats magnatom. Onle he ca save our planet now with his deft arguments against the use of hi-vis. Forum drama just doesn't get any better....

purplepolly said:
Oh dear, now Col's really cracked...

I think you're miaowing up the wrong tree here. Magnatom's plan is assimilation. Anyone with a camera has been assimilated.

col

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
Remember Col, you've already written this:

You only need to take one step onto it, you dont have to carry on walking, and one step shows them what you want to do, which most seem to stop for.

You have an infinite capacity to make yourself look silly.

I think you will find its you thats looking rather silly:laugh:

col

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
In fact, just to put one foot on a crossing and not cross would put the backs up of a lot of motorists round my way.

Oh dear, it doesnt suit you coming out with stuff like this:laugh:

col

Legendary Member
purplepolly said:
And he certainly would look silly standing with one foot on a zebra crossing for 5 minutes or so for a gap in the traffic, because it's a long time since I've seen a motorist stop for anyone who isn't actually walking across.

Keep looking, I see it a bit more than that:biggrin:

purplepolly said:

Now that really is below the belt :biggrin:

purplepolly said:
Oh dear, now Col's really cracked...

Its you lot that crack me up, seriously :biggrin::laugh:

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
'Cinders and Ashes!' (I've been reading Thomas to the kids, can you tell!). My evil plan for world domination has been foiled again.

magnatom strokes next door neighbours tabby cat. None of the neighbours have white long haired cats and there is no way he would waste the money on a cat of his own, being Scottish. However, never let a tabby get in the way of world domination....

I'll need to go to plan B.

Mouse! (that's the name of the cat next door!) Release the hordes of evil mutant, gigantic,camera weilding cyclists onto the streets of every major town and city in the world. Soon I'll be rid of those pesky do-good kids taxi drivers. At last the magnatom collective will rule the world, I tell you, we will rule the world....bwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

:biggrin:

Tune in next week to find out if the only person who could save the world (bentmikey) returns from his soul searching in an ice cave somewhere close to the north pole and defeats magnatom. Onle he ca save our planet now with his deft arguments against the use of hi-vis. Forum drama just doesn't get any better....

Iv got to hand it to you ,you know how to cover up your annoyance that i sussed some of your shall we say productions :biggrin::laugh:

Top Bottom