Official Close Pass Licencing response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
col said:
Your point being?

The abject lack of consistency with your posts:

Col: "No Iv never forced a car to stop for me on a crossing."

Col: "You really must be a bit dim if you think i step out in front of moving traffic"

But then you say this:

Col: Oh i see. Because I would put a foot on a crossing to show my intentions, you say im being a hypocrit.

This brings me back to my original accusation - that you are prepared to delay and potentially annoy drivers when you are a pedestrian, but if someone has the temerity to do the same on a bike, you start frothing at the keyboard.

col

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
The abject lack of consistency with your posts:

Col: "No Iv never forced a car to stop for me on a crossing."

Col: "You really must be a bit dim if you think i step out in front of moving traffic"

But then you say this:

Col: Oh i see. Because I would put a foot on a crossing to show my intentions, you say im being a hypocrit.

This brings me back to my original accusation - that you are prepared to delay and potentially annoy drivers when you are a pedestrian, but if someone has the temerity to do the same on a bike, you start frothing at the keyboard.

Blimey you really are trying here arnt you:laugh:

Origamist said:
Nah, it's really easy as you're a bundle of contradictions/nonsense!

Don't forget the gratuitous laughing smileys.

In Col's defence, outside of commuting, he does make some good posts xx(

col

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Don't forget the gratuitous laughing smileys.

In Col's defence, outside of commuting, he does make some good posts :ohmy:

Ta C, jolly decent of you,I suppose I can be a bit argumentative sometimes:laugh:

See what I did there ? xx(

Sorry couldnt resist.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE Quote:
Originally Posted by classic33
Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross.

Yes but you have said that you don't bother with that part.

Consecutive posts. You answer your own questions as well do you!!

What are you on about?
QUOTE]

Iv'e been wondering the same with regards to you.

Piece of advice handed out in this neck o'woods, "When in hole & unable to get out, stop digging".

Can someone take the shovel of him!!

col

Legendary Member
classic33 said:
[QUOTE Quote:
Originally Posted by classic33
Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross.

Yes but you have said that you don't bother with that part.
Consecutive posts. You answer your own questions as well do you!!

What are you on about?
QUOTE]

Iv'e been wondering the same with regards to you.

Piece of advice handed out in this neck o'woods, "When in hole & unable to get out, stop digging".

Can someone take the shovel of him!!

Would you show me where Iv said that I dont bother with that part ? ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
col said:
Would you show me where Iv said that I dont bother with that part ? ;)

Posted by you 12:45 14th February
"You only need to take one step onto it, you dont have to carry on walking, and one step shows them what you want to do, which most seem to stop for."

Therefore you are not waiting on them stopping to allow you to cross, but walking onto the crossing whilst traffic is still moving. Therby causing them to try & read your actions.

col

Legendary Member
classic33 said:
Posted by you 12:45 14th February
"You only need to take one step onto it, you dont have to carry on walking, and one step shows them what you want to do, which most seem to stop for."

Therefore you are not waiting on them stopping to allow you to cross, but walking onto the crossing whilst traffic is still moving. Therby causing them to try & read your actions.

I think you ve missunderstood what I have written there:laugh:
But then again I dont think you have, Nice try but even your effort at making it sound like something different is rediculous:laugh::headshake:
Your a constant source of merryment and mirth:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
col said:
I think you ve missunderstood what I have written there:laugh:
But then again I dont think you have, Nice try but even your effort at making it sound like something different is rediculous:laugh::rolleyes:
Your a constant source of merryment and mirth:laugh:

Followed by this
"So what are you saying? Never put a foot on the crossing to let them know you want to cross because its too dangerous?"
23:45 14th February

As regards knowing what you meant to say, how can you expect anyone to know what you meant to say.

Your tripping over yourself now

classic33

Leg End Member
I'll see your offering and raise you 195 -

Zebra crossings. As you approach a zebra crossing

look out for pedestrians waiting to cross and be ready to slow down or stop to let them cross
you MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing
allow more time for stopping on wet or icy roads
do not wave or use your horn to invite pedestrians across; this could be dangerous if another vehicle is approaching
be aware of pedestrians approaching from the side of the crossing

So, the car driver should be checking that there are no pedestrians waiting to cross the road, and if they are then he should slow down or stop to let them cross.

Note that must and should have different meanings, and there are legal reasons for the specific wording.

The fact remains that a car approaching a crossing should stop if there is someone waiting to stop if they're able to safely.

See your offerring & raise you
Crossings

At all crossings. When using any type of crossing you should

always check that the traffic has stopped before you start to cross or push a pram onto a crossing

Therefore the onus is on the person wishing to cross, to check that it is actually safe to do so, before starting to cross.

Top Bottom