Official Closest pass video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

User3143 said:
Even though mag was in the middle of the road when there was no need?

Oh but there was a need. There was a pinch point coming up, followed by parked cars immediately on the left. The onus, as regards any overtake, is on the driver wishing to perform the overtake only to do so when it is safe. It was not safe to do so at that time. As a driver, I would not have done that overtake. Even if I thought the cyclist was being an utter twat, that does not give any driver the right to perform a dangerous overtake that could have killed someone. Now, as you are known for trolling and acting as devil's advocate, for your own amusement, that's as far as I respond to you as it seems you take joy in winding up magnatom for the sake of it.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

cheadle hulme said:
I have a much derided mirror when commuting. Coming off a r/b and approaching a pinch point I would make sure I was 100% aware of what was behind me. Makes it much easier to adopt secondary, then pull out behind the car once it passes. Smooth and avoids any unnecessary "friction". I take your point about road conditions though.

Fair play to you for posting and inviting debate!

As I said to Lee I may have moved over as he approached. the video and my memory are not good enough to say if this happened. I do know that as I pass the pinch point I am further to the left than I normally would be, so that suggests I changed my line.

I have reacted in the past to approaching vehicles. This was a good one!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
I don't think it did, by the looks of the vid, the taxi caught you by surprise and rather then ride to the safety zone on your left you decide to hit the side of the car.

I've already admitted previously that I was surprised by the overtake, because I thought I had closed the door. Do read my posts dear boy! :ohmy:

I do love how by just looking at the video you have an insight into my psyche at the time of the incident! You can see black ice read minds! I'm impressed! ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
The driver behind. But if you want to revert to that old line then that is fine. You and WC can go and have a cup of virtual tea.

If you want to discuss the different aspects of that overtake and your positioning prior to that overtake then by all means type away.
:ohmy:

Wait a minute earlier on you were suggesting that I was also at fault. Now you agree that the overtaking driver was fully at fault. Make your mind up! ;)

And it is you who wishes to discuss it!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
Especially when there was loads of room. Answer me this how comes mag was in primary and the car was still able to overtake and still be on his side of the road?

It wasn't lee, its tyres cross the line. That's why the car hit it's horn. Why else would the car hit it's horn?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
At 0.48, at the point where the taxi over took you you can clearly see the offside of the car was still on your side of the road.

Is this work?:ohmy:

Yes once the car had passed me it came back over. Cars can do that, change direction, you know!

It was the drivers fault: Pinch points eh. I would probably have ridden it the same. I may have moved in to let the car past and then back out, depends if it was one car or several, how fast I was going etc.. or I may have just stayed there. It doesn't matter, it was the drivers fault. Did I say it was the drivers fault?

Anyway if Maggers hadn't been riding at Granny speed and actually paying attention as opposed to planning his next road safety campaign in his head.........:ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
Anyway if Maggers hadn't been riding at Granny speed and actually paying attention as opposed to planning his next road safety campaign in his head.........

What was that I said about an ignore list Crackle...:ohmy:;)

dodgy

Sorry, I think there was some militant primary positioning there which proably wasn't necessary.

Top Bottom