Oh for f**** sake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sitting here listening to another student, nattering away on her phone to a mate, complaining about her boyfriend's potential choice of new car (we're talking about VW Golf/Audi/BMW type cars here, not old bangers, as if it being an old banger really matters). Something to do with him needing to get a 'sensible' car, not a sports car.

I'd have thought that by the time someone gets to being a postgrad, they'd be a little less shallow.

Plus she keeps saying Aldi, not Audi...

I wonder how she'd react if I told her she'd bloody lucky to have a boyfriend at all...

Arch said:

my father in law keeps saying 'Ordy'. it drive me mad!

Is it a liddle Aldi he's getting, the A3? Here's a thing. Why is the A3 smaller than the A4? Perhaps his girlfriend needs the Foolscap version.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I'm sitting here listening to another student, nattering away on her phone to a mate, complaining about her boyfriend's potential choice of new car (we're talking about VW Golf/Audi/BMW type cars here, not old bangers, as if it being an old banger really matters). Something to do with him needing to get a 'sensible' car, not a sports car.

I'd have thought that by the time someone gets to being a postgrad, they'd be a little less shallow.

I wonder how she'd react if I told her she'd bloody lucky to have a boyfriend at all...

there's a story in my office about a woman who was hired as an account exec on the aldi account. apparently she misheard, took the job only to leave as soon as she realised it wasn't audi. incidentally, if you get high enough up the ladder, aldi give their store managers audis.

when i was in the states last year they had adverts on telly for Nissan where the voice-over bloke kept shouting 'Great prices on brand new Knee-Sarns!!!!!!!!!!!'

How annoying is that?

ChrisKH

Guru
Arch said:

Arch, I got criticised in an interview for calling my bosses shoes "Manilo Blaniks." She said 'That would be Manolo Blahniks, I think and anyway they are Christian Louboutin'.

It takes all sorts.;)

NickM

Veteran
This isn't really Arch. It's me, posing as Arch.

Those asterisks had you all fooled, didn't they? ;)

NickM

Veteran
trustysteed said:
when i was in the states last year they had adverts on telly for Nissan where the voice-over bloke kept shouting 'Great prices on brand new Knee-Sarns!!!!!!!!!!!'

How annoying is that?
It's only a car - you can say it whatever way you like.

I annoy people (deliberately) by saying Mon-dee-oh.

ChrisKH

Guru
trustysteed said:

How annoying is that?

Actually it can be quite endearing as in "get yourself down to Kissimeeee Knee Sarn today and pick yourself up a Fall bargain....." Laugh, I nearly choke. ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A4 goes to Bristol, doesn't it? Whereas the A3 goes to Portsmouth. Huge difference.

Here's a good Aldi product not a car that you could recommend.:biggrin:
Link safe for work, but contra-indicated on dietary grounds.

Are we helping yet?;)

ChrisKH said:
Actually it can be quite endearing as in "get yourself down to Kissimeeee Knee Sarn today and pick yourself up a Fall bargain....." Laugh, I nearly choke. ;)

now is that 'Kiss-im-mee' in Orlando or 'Kess-emmy' **** knows where? :biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
It's not lost on the Americans though. They have a number of low cost out of town (what isn't out of town in the US) bargain shops, K-Mart being one of them. I was searching for a specific (bike related) product and one of the check-out girls said 'have you tried "Tarjay"?' in a french accent.

(She meant Target. Which is lost unless you have actually been in one.;))

Top Bottom