Oh How Last Year, Dahling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
... odd how some people spent extra getting the Peugeot badge and how the Aygo is seen as the poorer car even though it's the Toyota bits that make it go! Bad Obsession Motorsport lads are currently doing up a battered C1 to enter the C1 track series... even though it's intro-level racing they've still spent £6000 in total, starting with an £1800 second hand C1.
the toyota peugot and c1 are all made in the same factory, pretty much the only difference is the badge

cyberknight

we have a dacia stepway, work mate has a renault that is exactly the same size and body shape.Apart from his body panels being a bit more stylish and having more bells and whistles inside which i dont need its the same car .Mine has renault stickers and i have read that the seats are from there mid size car 9 whos name escapes me atm ) .

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
we have a dacia stepway, work mate has a renault that is exactly the same size and body shape.Apart from his body panels being a bit more stylish and having more bells and whistles inside which i dont need its the same car .Mine has renault stickers and i have read that the seats are from there mid size car 9 whos name escapes me atm ) .

That is interesting. I have a Renault (Captur), just about everything under the bonnet is labelled "Nissan", I believe that mechanically it is the same as the Nissan Juke (which visually, is, in my opinion, hideous). ;)

My son-in-law recently retired. He had a Company Car for most of his working life, so, needed to acquire a car on retirement. He is not bothered by the "street-cred" aspect, and, I recommended the Dacia to him. He did buy a Dacia, not sure of the model, but, he is very pleased with it.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
the toyota peugot and c1 are all made in the same factory, pretty much the only difference is the badge
Mechanically, yes.

However, the outer structure, bodywork, doors and glass are all totally unique to the Aygo, and in their haste to give their own triplet a unique identity they bestowed upon it a propensity to leak badly from both doors and the tailgate. It was never resolved during production, and some of the 'fixes'applied under warranty were awful bodges, including glueing on a second set of additional door welts - not only did it look awful, it didnt fix the leaks and marked the car to any would be buyer as a wet one.

cyberknight

That is interesting. I have a Renault (Captur), just about everything under the bonnet is labelled "Nissan", I believe that mechanically it is the same as the Nissan Juke (which visually, is, in my opinion, hideous). ;)

My son-in-law recently retired. He had a Company Car for most of his working life, so, needed to acquire a car on retirement. He is not bothered by the "street-cred" aspect, and, I recommended the Dacia to him. He did buy a Dacia, not sure of the model, but, he is very pleased with it.
thats it the captur he has , on the odd occasion i use the car to work i park near him and like i said it looks pretty much the same car .

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Please say its an estate :hello:
Its an estate:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
My Mum had one. It felt more bloated and wallowy than a small car has any right to. Im not a Skoda fan, but it can't be denied their modifications to VW designs are usually very successful. The Labia of all generations is the one exception - possibly because the Polo itself, unlike the Glof, has never quite been class leading. The high output 1.4 is also not an especially brilliant power unit. The headling figures are ok but its not the smoothest and the power delivery is oddly flat.

Hicky

Guru
When they upgraded the fantastic diesel 130BHP diesel Fabia VRS they should of just dropped the 150HP engine in. The original was amazing.

Top Bottom