Oh....MY...GOD!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I have to say that 'I have to say' is one that normally has me reaching for the gun!

TVC

I've started watching Grand Designs Australia, but I may have to stop because I've noticed that when asked a question, everyone on the show starts their answer with "Look....." It has me grinding my teeth.

Octet

Veteran
I was like, WTF when I saw this and then I said like OMG... it is so true! Then I read half the comments and started ROFLing to them... it was so like LOL... like.

On a more serious note, I just find them annoying... especially when they don't make sense in the context.

DeepBurn

Über Member
OMG FTW!!!!

(it annoys me too but I have a habit of using lol these days, yet I don't even like it, I always used to just write haha - its only 1 letter more!!)

Arsum - as in "omg that's like so arsum". When everything, no matter how mundane, is arsum how do you express grades of astonishment or admiration? I cringe every time I hear the word.

Gordon

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have a habit of saying "Jesus Christ", "Bloody Hell", and (something which I am trying to use on the roads a lot more "Oh, for Christ sake".
I dont really know why I use them as I just hate the thought of religion and cannot understand the need for it. I do however have nothing against people who beleive in it as I understand that the human race seems to have a need to please themselves that somebody is watching over them.

I constantly get a knecking from my parents though about saying "Bloody hell" as they think it is swearing. I always tell them that it isnt and that it doesnt offend anyone (as hell would be bloody with all the bad people that are in it and the generalisation that hell is 'red' with the blood of sinners).

Dan B

Disengaged member
I constantly get a knecking from my parents though about saying "Bloody hell" as they think it is swearing. I always tell them that it isnt and that it doesnt offend anyone (as hell would be bloody with all the bad people that are in it and the generalisation that hell is 'red' with the blood of sinners).
"Bloody" is often regarded as a contraction of "by Our Lady" - blasphemous if you're a Catholic, maybe

Arch

Married to Night Train
Stephen Fry said on QI once that if the Amish had mobile phones they would be texting "AMG!"

Ach, Mein Gott!

Top Bottom