Oh the joys of daytime TV!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Ah the Halcyon Days of non-stop repeats of Ironside, Columbo and The Bold and The Beautiful. Is Neighbours still on at half one? About when I'd be getting out of bed as a student.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My Kodi box was having a moment last night, so i found myself looking at normal TV. I got so frustrated with the ads that I turned it off and went and did some washing.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think its because its mainly the old retired folk who watch TV during the day hence the plethora of brain numbing TV shows. No-one under 40 would want to watch those shows and since you've watched Jeremy Kyle, im surprised you havent wanted to commit suicide yet.

Most OAPs or retired folk i know either have skytv paid for by friends/relatives of freeview and watch the channels with all the old B&W movies on them almost 24hrs a day.

I'm 65 and retired, I don't watch daytime TV

stephec

Legendary Member
I just turn the TV off now. Makes life a whole lot easier. I dont have to put up with the crap. :laugh:

This.

I've thought for a while now that daytime TV has been made to try and encourage the unemployed back in to work.

When the op says that they resorted to a book I'm the opposite, I might resort to TV in desperation only if the books run out. :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Read a book, listen to the radio, make something, masturbate furiosly, but for god's sake turn the chuffing box off unless there is a specific item of interest. It will sap your brain.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Having been at home for this week unable to do a huge amount, I`ve spent a fair time in front of the google box - and how depressing it is!!

Homes under the hammer
Jeremy Kyle
Cash in the Attic
Come dine with me.....etc etc etc

Then there`s the adverts

"You too can sponsor a donkey for just £5 a month"
"The over 50 plan"
"Hotel...............Trivago"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :evil:

Can`t wait to be feeling better, back to work, and back on my bike, back to normal:smile:

On the Buses is frequently shown on one of the freeview channels (Yesterday I think)

Isn't it on ITV3, just after In Loving Memory and before George & Mildred? :laugh:

Top Bottom