Oh the shame of being married to a mamil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Anyone else looking at one of those photos and thinking "Get your effing shoes off the crankarm and stand that bike upright!!!"

Just me?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The fella has MS. Hats off. His bloody wife moaning about riding a bike...:sad:

I see where the article comes from, as a middle aged bloke, that's actually not got off a bike from being a kid, and still gets in trouble....:whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Least she lets him go out on a Sunday, lately mine has taken to having a lie in even though she knows i would like to go out with the club so i end up keeping an eye on the kids till she surfaces.

Not sure about you guys, but the Mamils in my neck of woods has been steadily rising that the last hangout is the local pub for the non Mails. And it is icreasingly looking like it is under siege.

Peteaud

Veteran
One of the replys

I'm totally feeling her pain, my husband is exactly the same!! I get woken up at 6:30 on Sunday's when he gets up to go cycling for the day with his other mid life crisis 40 something friends!! I actually like it now, I can get some peace and quiet and lounge around the house!! It's a very expensive game and the cycling chat is so dull!!

Steady on, the forums not that dull :laugh:

Everyone here is so negative.

I've skimmed both articles. I reckon they've both spent the last 10 years focused on his disease, with the cycling being an important part of management. But he/they have done so well that she can now laughingly act like all the other lycra widows instead of focusing on his disease. Maybe this article marks a milestone in their life.

(have a look at the article linked to above. They'd only been dating a few weeks when he was diagnosed. She married him, and they are raising a family together. Put that in the other side of the scales against one playfully negative newspaper article, and see if you still feel they should divorce)

Top Bottom