Oi! Elmer, where are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You are into your second week now Elmer.

Hugs and kisses of encouragement from me:girl:

Elmer Fudd said:
BTW 1 week gone and I'm feeling purdy good, thanks. Just getting addicted to summer fruits cordial now !

Well done Elmer. I'm pulling for you just like everybody else. It was smoking not drink with me; took 5 attempts but eventually, after 40 years, I stopped 5 years ago. Still get the urge to stand behind a smoker from time to time but (honestly) have not wanted a single smoke since that day.

Keep it up, one day at a time.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mickle said:
Good effort Elm. Ive managed to reduce my consumption by 75% thanks in no small part to your thread. I feel sooo much better.
Tell you what mickle, I'd actually forgot how good you can feel !! I went in the offy today and bought... some fag papers ! Must admit me smoking has increased but 1 thing at a time eh ?

I'm probably going onto Campral EC after these de-tox pills finish, They're not a substitute for counselling or anything, but they will help reduce, if any, cravings I may have. Even washed the bike today, well that's not strictly true. I stuck it out in the rain then gave it a wipe over !!

But thanks again for everyones support.

Elmer

Elmer Fudd

What are those pills for then, when it comes to controlling cravings - I guess they aren't like nicotine patch things!!
People who have been dependant on alcohol may have an alteration in the chemistry of certain brain cells. This leaves them sensitive to many kinds of triggers which can set off the thought of drinking, or the urge to drink. This can last for months after drinking has ceased Campral EC is believed to protect these sensitive brain cells and may also speed up their recovery.

You also get vitamin B1 and Thiamine to regenerate brain cells. At this rate I will have to change my name to Einstein !

Abitrary

Elmer Fudd said:
You also get vitamin B1 and Thiamine to regenerate brain cells. At this rate I will have to change my name to Einstein !

I'd never attempt B1 unless I'd had a short course of Appletise, or Schloer

Or at least wash it down with it

Elmer Fudd

Abitrary said:
I'd never attempt B1 unless I'd had a short course of Appletise, or Schloer

Or at least wash it down with it

A very pungent smell and taste I will concur. but it reminds me of yeast and as an old hand at home brewed wine that hadn't quite settled it can become an acquired taste ! :smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am sure we would all like to continue to offer you our genuine support and encouragement. Or you might wish to just quietly progress without peeps sometimes asking how you are?:smile:

You might like to occasionnally tell us how you are, or you might like to overlook this reply altogether. Avoid telling us if you would prefer, and come back and say how you are getting on when you feel like doing so.:blush:

I hope you get my drift, this is more difficult to express than I thought it would be.

postman

Legendary Member
Why dont we sponser you.A cheque for a few quid to a charity of your choice.Donations start 2 jan maybe?That may harden your will.

Elmer Fudd

You're alright Speicher, I can't allow my self to slip now I've got you lot virtually watching me !

Doing quite well at the mo, actually got up a hill (well struggled) that I've always had to get off and push before so it must be doing me some good.

No cravings etc. but as time goes on I am expecting that may change.

Thanks for your concern.

Elmer

Elmer Fudd

Two weeks now ! ! Bloody hard on Saturday though as Ms. Fudd was working from 2pm Sat until 10am Sun.

Boy did I get through some squash and coffee (seperately, obviously) but I did it and I feel good for doing it.

Top Bottom