Oi! Elmer, where are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
fossyant said:
Glad it's going OK - how long does the course last, or is that down to how long you need the help or want to go ?

Depends on how serious the problem is, if your a 2 bottle of whisky a day man can be up to 6mths ( 1 bloke told me he'd spent £500 in a month on cheap whisky), me, being a lightweight(!), will be about 6 weeks but they leave you with a contact number afterwards just in case.

Must say all the people I've been in contact with so far have been really nice, none of the lecturing down to you I was expecting..

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
Must say all the people I've been in contact with so far have been really nice, none of the lecturing down to you I was expecting..

That's probably because lecturing down to people rarely works. I might do with a few people, or perhaps if someone has repeatedly relapsed and needs a bit of a shock tactic, but generally, it's better to work with people than to try and push them....

Keep up the good work Elmer. You can crack this, and you'll have loads more dosh to spend on bikes and nice things for Mrs Elmer....

Tetedelacourse

Time for a no-knicker hug yet?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hello. I was wondering how you were doing! Take that dog for a LONG walk! You're doing really well....just think that next Saturday isn't going to be as hard and keep going!!!

Everyone's with you (which isn't practically much help) but hopefully helps somehow!

Brock

Not sure if it's anything like giving up smoking, but I think the dog walk is a good idea. I found a long stroll when I stopped smoking helped with the harder moments when lack of activity turned my mind to nicotine. You get in feeling all healthy and invigorated, cycling is good too but there's something about the relaxed serenity of a stroll which seemed conducive to the right state of mind, for me anyway.

Good on ya Elmer.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Well I took the dog for a long walk over "the becks"(fields), now, technically he's not my dog (belongs to Ms. fudd) so at times he just ignores my recalls.

So we had a cunning plan, we bought on of those 10m trainer leads so I can let him run off and try re-call, if it doesn't work I slowly reel him in. Things didn't go quite to plan though as he cocked his leg up 2 trees.

You want to try untangling 33' of black lead from round 2 trees in the dark ! I nearly left the bugger there !

BTW 1 week gone and I'm feeling purdy good, thanks. Just getting addicted to summer fruits cordial now !

Brock

Elmer Fudd said:
BTW 1 week gone and I'm feeling purdy good, thanks. Just getting addicted to summer fruits cordial now !

Ew.. That stuff'll probably kill you :biggrin:

Glad it's going well mate.

Top Bottom