Oi! Elmer, where are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Speicher said:
Is this supposed to be top-secret, or can anyone join in? Even me?:sad:

I posted a thread yonks ago about the possibility of having a meet-up somewhere in the UK next spring (March-May). There seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm, with rides (of varying distances), a LONG cake stop, exchanges of tips/advice etc., and even a punch-up, er, soap box.
As to the logistics of finding somewhere central, convenient and practical remains to be seen. That is to say, accessible for the majority of us; airport, bus/train stations, good road links, suitable cycling country, and affordable accommodation. I reckon it's easier to arrange the ordering of CC shirts than getting a get-together together! ;)
But where there's a will, there's a way. :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
Is this supposed to be top-secret, or can anyone join in? Even me?:sad:

On the topic of events, is the Trainspot Museum;) in York having a Cycling Festival next year - in May? Does anyone have any advance info on dates so that I can put it in my diary. Thank you to anyone who knows.
And Elmer have a big hug from me.

Don't know. The arrangements for this year's event went a bit pearshaped, although there was some fun stuff in the end. It wasn't a very good time for me, so I only looked in briefly. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

Stick with it Elmer, have a hug from me, and if you listen very carefully, the little white bull is saying "moo" in a encouraging way...;)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Elmer Fudd said:
Hence I was missing off here most of yesterday afternoon.

Although I felt really rough yesterday I did at one stage try to post on here and ended up pishing myself laughing !

My hand was shaking' that much I was typing gobbledygook, I think I've invented a new enigma code !

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Dayvo said:
Elmer!
I assume that's you in your profile picture! :sad:

You look like Gary Numan without make up! ;)

Yeah it is, taken a couple of years ago at daughters 18th birthday on her mobile phone. Trust me, there has been serious deterioration since then !!

I now look more like my avatar !!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dayvo said:
I posted a thread yonks ago about the possibility of having a meet-up somewhere in the UK next spring (March-May). There seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm, with rides (of varying distances), a LONG cake stop, exchanges of tips/advice etc., and even a punch-up, er, soap box.
As to the logistics of finding somewhere central, convenient and practical remains to be seen. That is to say, accessible for the majority of us; airport, bus/train stations, good road links, suitable cycling country, and affordable accommodation. I reckon it's easier to arrange the ordering of CC shirts than getting a get-together together! :sad:
But where there's a will, there's a way. :biggrin:

You might need to give careful consideration to the "central" location.
I have consulted my world atlas, and taking into account that there are forummers in Ireland, Bangkok and the southern part of Sweden, a central venue ends up somewhere in the Caspian Sea or (on its western shore) place called Azerbaydzhanskaya. ;)

Speicher said:
You might need to give careful consideration to the "central" location.
I have consulted my world atlas, and taking into account that there are forummers in Ireland, Bangkok and the southern part of Sweden, a central venue ends up somewhere in the Caspian Sea or (on its western shore) place called Azerbaydzhanskaya. :sad:

I wrote 'the UK', not 'the Ukraine' (or Abracadabra ;)) :biggrin:

I think it was Rhytm Thief who suggested the Black Country (no, not the Black Sea).

good luck, Elmy

what is it about afternoons? i get into a slump then. now it seems that morning are spent dreading the afternoon - so i am loathed to get up (it's also to do with being disappointed that i actually woke up).

maybe it's the slow vanishing of the day, night comes early now. the panic as the sun descends, knowing you haven't got things done and the guilt associated with it (for me, anyway).

the nights are ok, you're not meant to do anything then, but the afternoons are for being active - or so your mind says.

keep in there.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dayvo said:
;)

Yeah, but, no but . . .

Seeing as England OWN Scotland . . . So Fnaar, where do you suggest as being a central place for forumers to have an actual weekend of intellectual debate, discussion, crude jokes, fisticuffs, fun, tea, and a bike ride? :sad:
Northumberland, Northampton, North London or Northallerton. As long as it has North in it somewhere.

papercorn2000

How about Cape Wrath. Not only has it got a brilliant name, it would seriously inconvenience everyone!

And well done dude - and ta for the hat.

Fnaar said:
Northumberland, Northampton, North London or Northallerton. As long as it has North in it somewhere.

All right, then! Somewhere in the Lake District that starts with, or has North in the name.
Just for Fnaar, so he doesn't have to go too far!
Oh, and near a youth hostel, hotel, pub, bus station, main road, cafe, Indian restaurant etc. :biggrin:

Please forgive the blatant advertising.

Nottingham Racecourse.
May 25th and 26th.
The Company of Cyclists presents the first annual Get Cycling Show (incorporating the First Annual International Pedal Powered Furniture Racing World Championships. We have a sofa and a bed and are planning to build a pedal powered wardrobe and a pedal powered bath. Spandex will be piloting the bath in a flesh coloured skinsuit and chest murkin).

Hundreds of interesting bikes available to ride on seven dedicated try-out tracks including our Conference Bike, Zem, Maximus rickshaws.

Website link as soon as it goes live.

I reckon Nottingham racecourse in May is as good a place as any for a CC ride....

Top Bottom