Oi! Elmer, where are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:girl:This fred has a tendency to go off topic;). Elmer, I know that you said you find afternoons difficult (there's an understatement). I am sure that lots of peep's thoughts are with you, and will stay with you.

I am sending one of my bestest hugs through the forum. These are long lasting and can be made use of at a time and place to suit you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
The Company of Cyclists presents the first annual Get Cycling Show (incorporating the First Annual International Pedal Powered Furniture Racing World Championships.

Oh, promise me this is true...:biggrin:

Actually, Northumberland is a good choice as well (let's have lots of forum rides!)

Bit hilly, but you can mostly avoid the hills if you want, lovely scenery, and I know pretty much every cafe in the Wooler/Berwick areas. Pretty good access from East Coast mainline, and A1. Also, Wooler has a hostel, recently saved from closure by the YHA and now run by a local trust, that is well used to a load of mad cyclists turning up...:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I did some cycling round the centre of Britain (sunny Haltwhistle) last August and had some absolutely blissful days - it's amazing cycling country AND near Hartside Pass if people fancied a challenge.

Would firmly recommend it.

Also, my boss's family live there and her dad and boyfriend ride bianchis so we could get some local guides. Good youth hostel as well at Twice Brewed for cheap accommodation! I'm liking this idea.

However, centre of Britain or not...it's a LONG way north from the south.

ash68

living in sunny northumberland myself,I 'm pleased so many of you have been up this way and shared the beautiful countryside and cycling routes around here. I cycle to work every day to Hexham on country roads and love every minute of it. I read threads on this site about the problems people have with traffic in city areas and feel so lucky to be out in the sticks and free from all that.

longers

Legendary Member
Hello Elmer! :biggrin:

How goes it? Keeping your pecker up? Anything we can do?

P.S. I like the idea of visiting Northumberland for a CC meet next year and visiting the inaugural CoC Get Cycling Show for another CC meet.

Save me a google someone - who are the illuminati?

Northumberland would be good - Cathryn, Leeds is not that far from Northumberland! You could cycle there an old hand like you.

The illuminati are a secret society, centuries old, who control everything.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Hello peeps !

It's not quite as bad as I was anticipating, bit like a roller coaster, the ups and downs are getting smaller, the sweaties are still quite regular but the delirium tremens have reduced quite significantly although I'm still quite edgy.

I still think I'd like a beer but that's a lot better than thinking I need a beer. BTW I don't have one ! Think it's going to get harder come next Wednesday when my de-tox tablets finish but I'm gonna persevere.

That's when I start to get some serious counselling and acupuncture, I think the last bit is they are gonna stick pins in me if I have a drink ! They also breathalyse you, one whiff of alcohol and you're off the course.

Top Bottom