OK - I give up, how do you use Garmin Connect???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrynCP

Guru
Location
Hull
The new user interface is horrible isn't it.. :thumbsdown:

I don't really get the point, as everything beyond the dashboard looks like it always did, just in a dark blue frame!

Still haven't worked out the segments feature: it never finds any segments on any of my rides, which I find a bit difficult to believe.

I auto sync to Garmin when I plug it in, but I actually review the data on Strava as it's interesting to see how I fare on the segments overtime.
 

ska1903

Veteran
Location
Dundee
Do you use Ghostery on Firefox?

I had the same problem with the connect site on Chrome but once i whitelisted the site in Ghostery it started working fine.
 

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Location
Winch
I don't really get the point, as everything beyond the dashboard looks like it always did, just in a dark blue frame!

...


By the looks of the template, I guess they're going all responsive to make life easier for tablet and phone users. There's all sorts of dark arts in sniffing browser/device capabilities. It's also very tempting to skimp on cross browser testing these days "as it's all HTML5 innit".
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
I've only just started using it (Friday) last week) and it works fine for me.

Easy to set up the widgets/tiles.

I wish that the activities progress data could be widgetised as that is something I look at a lot. I know where to find it but a widget 'shortcut' would be spot on.

This address takes me straight to my dashboard (logged in via saved details) or straight to the sign in page if I logged out on a previous session:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/

I use Chrome.
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I only just went back to garmin as a back up for strava, i know which one is easier but i like the way garmin has the ability to sort segments by age etc which i believe is a premium feature on strava .
 
Top Bottom