Ok, so 'fess up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's pretty cool Accy, a lovely keepsake. You can wear that on your right side when in a suit or blazer.

I have my hreat grandad's Croix De Guerre. During that little dust up - the first vig one - they'd mined bridge with a timer and were just ready getting ready to clear off when some french locals decided to pick that moment to stroll onto the bridge. As brave and daft as us Farquhar's are down the generations he ran onto the bridge and warned them that they might wish to get a move on for the good of their health, and thus saved their lives with seconds to spare. The French government were so impressed they gave him the medal

For my own part I got the General Service medal with NI clasp, BAOR medal, QGJM, QDJM, and LSGC. I look pretty smart marching past the war memorial in the village every November, altnough 3 service and 2 commemorative gongs aren't terribly exciting in all honesty . Mrs D has the QGJM and QDJM too.

I remembered this aft' while having a walk around the grounds of Clitheroe Castle that I bought a souvenir Victoria Cross medal from their gift shop about 2 years ago. It was about 1/10 the size of the real thing. It's bugging me now where I put it! 🤔 It'll be in my flat somewhere as I didn't/wouldn't wear it, or take it out with me.

Top Bottom