Ok, so 'fess up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Working today. Manager says that he will keep us updated via Teams. I can imagine his messages, even now.
Man gets in carriage
Man gets out of carriage
Man enters building
Man gets big gold coloured hat
Man comes out of building

and so on and so forth because that team manager is a bit odd like that :biggrin:

Did he live up to the hype? 🤔 😆

tom73

Guru
I think the royals like to get them started young on adornments - they seem to be addicted to medals, big metal stars etc (no idea what they are called), sashes, chunks of fur, crowns and tiaras, titles and honorary this and that, rods and orbs etc.

True but it needs remembering that very normal every day folk also have medals, metals stars and mantle.
Not all Orders of Chivalry are for the high up's or the rich and famous.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
True but it needs remembering that very normal every day folk also have medals, metals stars and mantle.
Not all Orders of Chivalry are for the high up's or the rich and famous.

The only medal I have/own is my dad's United Nations, Korean War medal from his National Service days in 1952/3.

nc_ohc=OzEqTy43WyEAX-95tHa&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

The blue cardboard box it's in is getting a bit frail these days. I keep the medal in its box wrapped in a soft cloth in a drawer and only bring it out once a year, to take it with me to the annual 'Poppy day' service.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
The only medal I have/own is my dad's United Nations, Korean War medal from his National Service days in 1952/3.

View attachment 688610
The blue cardboard box it's in is getting a but 'frail' these days. I keep the medal in its box wrapped in a soft cloth and only bring it out once a year, to take it with me to the annual 'Poppy day' service.

Good for you , if he'd gone into the Army as planned my dad would have been involved in that. But just missed getting involved due to his deferment.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Did he live up to the hype? 🤔 😆

No. He got a bit busy but we got a small missive saying.” Kingy and Queenie have got their big hats on and sitting on the funny seats now. That Harry chap looks a bit miffed off” or words to that effect. Then something about the uncomfortable looking carriage a while later.
We were flat out busy and not paying that much attention.

I watched the last hour of the coronation concert as well, not my musical taste but company wanted to watch it. Apparently the audience was various invited NHS, volunteers and others voted for as deserving which I thought was a nice touch.

The back of my arm is in the paper for the event I ended up at, going to email the paper to see if they have more pictures. ^_^

I also spent £45 on a set of stamps and coins to commemorate the event.^_^

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 688610
The blue cardboard box it's in is getting a bit frail these days. I keep the medal in its box wrapped in a soft cloth in a drawer and only bring it out once a year, to take it with me to the annual 'Poppy day' service.
That's pretty cool Accy, a lovely keepsake. You can wear that on your right side when in a suit or blazer.

I have my hreat grandad's Croix De Guerre. During that little dust up - the first big one - they'd mined bridge with a timer and were just ready getting ready to clear off when some french locals decided to pick that moment to stroll onto the bridge. As brave and daft as us Farquhar's are down the generations he ran onto the bridge and warned them that they might wish to get a move on for the good of their health, and thus saved their lives with seconds to spare. The French government were so impressed they gave him the medal

For my own part I got the General Service medal with NI clasp, BAOR medal, QGJM, QDJM, and LSGC. I look pretty smart marching past the war memorial in the village every November, altnough 3 service and 2 commemorative gongs aren't terribly exciting in all honesty . Mrs D has the QGJM and QDJM too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom