Old broken bones......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
youngoldbloke said:
Beware long term use of high dose Ibuprofen: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Painkillers-ibuprofen/Pages/Side-effects.aspx?url=Pages/what-is-it.aspx
I have personal experience, having been prescribed slow release Ibuprofen for chronic hip pain, which resulted in ulceration and bleeding of the stomach.

from same website on one of the tabs

"It takes longer for the anti-inflammatory effect of ibuprofen to begin. It can take up to three weeks to get the best results."

so my doctor and phsyio were right. i didn't know that i had to take it every day without missing tho.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
however just found this

"Unlike aspirin, which breaks down in solution, ibuprofen is stable, and thus ibuprofen can be available in topical gel form which is absorbed through the skin, and can be used for sports injuries, with less risk of gastrointestinal problems"

so in view of the nhs website and risk of guts ache, which i thought was a bug going round, i think i will use gels now

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've got an old wound on my hand where a mate split my knuckle open with a machete (don't ask!). Hand goes really blue in that area when it gets cold.

As for pain killers - I never use them, I'm not sure they're good for you - strong drink on the other hand....

Top Bottom