Old Father Time has started sprinting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm 50, and although my body occasionally gives me subtle reminders of my age, I've planned this year's Alpine cycling trip, and already have a fairly good idea of what the next 3 will involve. Shut Up Legs! :gun: :boxing: :ninja:

My advice is keep getting lots of exercise, and eat and sleep properly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
At least you haven't had teachers
telling your kids at the gate to tell "grandad" about their day when they started school!
As a teenager I went back to a girl's house and was introduced to her family. She was 16 and I naturally assumed that the grey-haired 65 year old woman and 75 year old man were her grandparents and made a comment that seemed to embarrass them - they were actually her parents! :eek: :blush:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nothing beats the feeling of getting a KoM as a pensioner. :okay:
I'm a sprinter, not a climber!

20180204_214049.png

OP
OP
U

User32269

Thanks for replying and giving me a bit of inspiration to stfu and carry on enjoying the journey!

I posted the thread light heartedly, but there was an element of, for the first time in my life, feeling scared by how quickly times passed. I have never really thought about age as anything more than a number. After turning 50, the worrying thing is the amount of funerals I've attended! (thankfully not my own yet) Now I have to own two black suits and rotate! Think that's fed into my wobble. I'm very, very lucky both in life and with my health.
I'm going to resolve to sleep and eat better. Planning on making it to a hundred and still riding me bike!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My mother used to tell me " the older you get, the faster it goes ". Personally i have no intention of taking any notice of the age thing. As some say, it's just a number after all. I still act like an idiot ( so my son says ), and my grandchildren like spending time with me. Mr WD rolls his eyes at me sometimes so my work is done. It's good to keep him on his toes. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for replying and giving me a bit of inspiration to stfu and carry on enjoying the journey!

I posted the thread light heartedly, but there was an element of, for the first time in my life, feeling scared by how quickly times passed. I have never really thought about age as anything more than a number. After turning 50, the worrying thing is the amount of funerals I've attended! (thankfully not my own yet) Now I have to own two black suits and rotate! Think that's fed into my wobble. I'm very, very lucky both in life and with my health.
I'm going to resolve to sleep and eat better. Planning on making it to a hundred and still riding me bike!
I was "informed" of my own funeral
E-mail received informing me of my demise earlier this month and the arraignments that had been made for me, on my final journey!

Funeral Announcement

Hereby we want to share your sorrow for you, dear friend, who passed away on Sunday, July 13, 2014.
You are cordially invited to express your sympathy in memory of you at a celebration of life service that will be held on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at the Ocker Funeral Home.

Please find more detailed information about the memorial service here.

Sincerely,
Funeral Home Secretary,
Daniel Mcguire

midlife

Guru
My mother used to tell me " the older you get, the faster it goes ". Personally i have no intention of taking any notice of the age thing. As some say, it's just a number after all. I still act like an idiot ( so my son says ), and my grandchildren like spending time with me. Mr WD rolls his eyes at me sometimes so my work is done. It's good to keep him on his toes. :laugh:

Apparently it's true, the older you get the faster it goes. Something to do with doing the same thing every day fools the brain into thinking that's it's happened before so not "real time" .

I'm 58 and have another 6-7 years of work to look forward to before I can slow the clock down :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member

Is this what you're bothered about?
CAM00819-1.jpg

Top Bottom