Old Father Time has started sprinting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Early fifties. The new twenties, I tell everyone!

I've got a decade on you and I am at the "Don't give a bugger" stage". - Having said that, Mrs B would probably argue that beyond her and my children, that has been the case for decades.
Having maintained a decent level of fitness throughout my life, in some ways I find I have improved. For example clocked up > 250 miles on my bike in the 7 days to last Friday. Sure I hurt more than I used to, recovery has to be managed and I have had new lenses in my eyes. But as I have said to my wife and children, if I have anything to do with it, when God, or St Michael peep around the doors of the pearly gates to see who has rung the bell, they are not going to see a body with one careful owner. :laugh:

MiK1138

Veteran
Is this @Drago from his modelling days?

classic33

Leg End Member
I've got a decade on you and I am at the "Don't give a bugger" stage". - Having said that, Mrs B would probably argue that beyond her and my children, that has been the case for decades.
Having maintained a decent level of fitness throughout my life, in some ways I find I have improved. For example clocked up > 250 miles on my bike in the 7 days to last Friday. Sure I hurt more than I used to, recovery has to be managed and I have had new lenses in my eyes. But as I have said to my wife and children, if I have anything to do with it, when God, or St Michael peep around the doors of the pearly gates to see who has rung the bell, they are not going to see a body with one careful owner. :laugh:
Just ring the bell and run like hell.

MarkF

Guru
Nothing gives the illusion of youth more than a good physique = go to the gym.

Also, don't go near M&S, Skechers, Edinburgh Woollen Mill or Cotton Traders.

I work with 6 guys, only one is younger than me, but if somebody doesn't know my name they refer to me as "The younger one", the others are all way out of shape.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I don't think many of us are particularly young on here.
I quite like middle age. I am more contented and less anxious - I am living the life i have built rather than worrying about things i think i should have achieved.
I had my kids quite young which means they are all grown up whilst I am still fit and healthy and can please myself (not having any also works for this!)
The mirror thing is a bugger though - especially if you are vain and shallow like me! ^_^
Ah the mirror thing.
Some mornings I am amazed that I actually have a reflection (blame the wine for that) but mostly I have forgotten what I look like on account of the old bird who keeps leaping in front of me to see what SHE looks like. Think that it might be my mum, maybe?

Venod

Eh up

Could be my story, but I only managed 200 miles in the last 7 days

MarkF

Guru
Ah the mirror thing.
Some mornings I am amazed that I actually have a reflection (blame the wine for that) but mostly I have forgotten what I look like on account of the old bird who keeps leaping in front of me to see what SHE looks like. Think that it might be my mum, maybe?
There are good mirrors and bad mirrors when you are older

Venod

Eh up
A bit of inspiration for you and a bit of bragging for me, I got this KOM in 2013 at the age of 61, there are 3 of us with the same time, notice the name of the second rider, I am 3rd on list.

upload_2018-2-4_20-45-25.png

Top Bottom