Old Father Time has started sprinting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I reached 65 late last year, and I plan to carry on working for another thirty or forty years and then enjoy a long and healthy retirement.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am 53 (13 1/4 really. 13 1/2 in nearly 4 weeks) and I am with Anthony Hopkins. None of us are getting out alive so let’s have some fun, eat food, drink wine (if that’s your thang), fall in love and do stuff you like doing.

I am very fortunate. No meds unless you count the occasional painkiller. I have a bit of osteoarthritis in my knees but take nothing due to donating a kidney, so I can’t take stuff for it. But apart from that, I am pretty dang healthy. Yup, I will be dead at some point. My car is older than a quarter of my team at work. My jeans are older than half of them and my steel roadie is older than all of them. I thought that I wasn’t going to make 30 so it’s all gravy for me.

Julia9054

Guru
I don't think many of us are particularly young on here.
I quite like middle age. I am more contented and less anxious - I am living the life i have built rather than worrying about things i think i should have achieved.
I had my kids quite young which means they are all grown up whilst I am still fit and healthy and can please myself (not having any also works for this!)
The mirror thing is a bugger though - especially if you are vain and shallow like me! ^_^

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Early fifties. The new twenties, I tell everyone!
Hell man, that's no age at all.
I'm 64 this year and still feel about 20 most days (my missus reckons about 9 mentally :laugh:).
A lot of people are surprised when I tell them I'm retired and over 60, they generally have me around mid to late 40s.:smile:
I'm fit and active and still enjoy all the things I did in my youth.....ahem!:whistle:
You're only as old as you think you are.
60 is the new 40.:okay:
I'm looking forwards to the next 30 years.*

* Having said all that, I'll probably drop dead next week. LOL.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The mirror thing is a bugger though - especially if you are vain and shallow like me! ^_^
That's where the dodgy eyesight comes in handy - just leave your specs off when looking in the mirror! :whistle:

I was feeling annoyed the other day that I struggled late in my hilly 100 km ride (1,950 m of tough ascent). Then I remembered that I am 62 now, so maybe I had a reasonable excuse for finding it hard work. Unfortunately, then I looked up the last hill and saw @Littgull disappearing into the distance and recalled that he is older than me, so I didn't! :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Saluki I am curious. Why can you take nothing due to having donated a kidney? It is certainly a very noble thing to do and not to be undertaken lightly. I had one kidney removed in 1981 due to a tumour and it was certainly not a fun experience. Some of the drugs for arthritis are pretty nasty and regular blood test are needed. Again I speak from experience but I have never been told not to take any required drugs. Certainly attention has to be paid as some combinations of drugs are not recommended or indeed are probably fatal. Alcohol has generally to be avoided.

gbb

Legendary Member
I got the ultimate reality check from my 5 YO grand daughter the other day....

'Grandad, how old are you ?'
' Nearly 60 baby'
She thought for the briefest moment and asked..
'Will you die when you're 60 ?'
'Noooo I won't, bless your heart :laugh:'

OP
OP
U

User32269

I got the ultimate reality check from my 5 YO grand daughter the other day....

'Grandad, how old are you ?'
' Nearly 60 baby'
She thought for the briefest moment and asked..
'Will you die when you're 60 ?'
'Noooo I won't, bless your heart :laugh:'
My little fella is six, when I was tucking him up in bed one night last year, he listed his mums age, his brother and sisters, then looked me straight in the eye and said, "You'll be going to heaven really soon won't you dad!"

Top Bottom