Old Kona frame rescued

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Received the custom made bracket adapter for the front disc brake caliper this morning so fitted it along with the LX front mech :okay: I'm going to replace the stem for something slightly lower and longer then trim the steerer tube and fit the new bars. I'll change the pistons and pads in the front caliper later but other than that I think we're done :becool:

20190202_100022.jpg
20190202_095415.jpg
20190202_101205.jpg
20190202_101159.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
It always surprises me how much difference a decent stem and bars makes - fitted these bargains this evening :becool:

20190207_001553.jpg
20190207_001611.jpg

I'm getting slightly concerned that I'm not going to want to part with it now :laugh: Not much time for that though as it'll be going to its new home on Tuesday, which means I really should rebuild that front brake caliper :laugh:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'm getting slightly concerned that I'm not going to want to part with it now :laugh: Not much time for that though as it'll be going to its new home on Tuesday, which means I really should rebuild that front brake caliper :laugh:

I must admit I was beginning to wonder why you were putting so much time and money into building up a bike you are going to hand over to someone else once done!

CXRAndy

Guru
Pride in restoring a bike to a workable. I gave my bike to my daughter for university after spending a few hours fitting new cables, brakes, dynamo hub and lights. I didn't want to hand it over once I had finished, did though, she used it for 2 years.

We handed it on to a fellow student who couldn't afford a bike, once Id removed the dynamo hub/lights( cost of fortune-more than bikes value)

Top Bottom