'Old Man's Bowls'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Not ‘precisely’ at all...

‘Boules’ is a generic name for a whole range of games, including pétanque, lawn bowls, bocce and boule lyonnaise.
Ok, let's get down to the roots. The word Boule is simply the name given to the metal ball which is used to play. Many games may have been derived from the name but it is still a metal ball. I rest my case.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy at the bowling green .....

He's pretty cool though,wouldn't you say? Notice how he holds his pint and ciggie,at the start of the video,.:becool:

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5271913, member: 45"]My dad is Captain of his bowls club this year. It's been a godsend for him since mom died and given him a reason.[/quote]My father in law became Captain of his golf club the year my mother in law died, he was going to turn it down but we all supported him to do it, best thing for him, it helped him channel his grief.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
If i take something up i have to take it seriously. I've seen people playing bowls in what some would call posh areas(Lytham St Annes and Cornwall), wearing all white clothing. Would i look ok in a white cap,white v neck jumper and white flannels i wonder? :scratch:Or would they think "What the fark is this idiot wearing"?:rofl:
You'll also need to be prepared for showers; unlike cricket, bowlers continue to play in light rain, wearing translucent white jackets which give the wearer the appearance of a used condom.

My grandad played for the Clifton Park team in Rotherham. He won a few trophies and lived for it.
I don't think activities should have a set age group. I've been going to a Tai Chi class since I was 42, and even though I was the youngest there at the time it's great fun.

Top Bottom