Old Peugeot Premiere (Possible Project)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Bar tape arrived this morning, brown was the right decision!

Gunk

Guru
A pleasant surprise this afternoon, the calipers turned up. They were as described, really nice and clean and for £15 plus postage I’m really pleased.

the benefit with these Shimano RX100’s is that they’re cheap, but like a modern caliper with old school fittings.

front went on fine as I’d already shortened the outer cable as it was too long.

Rear will need a replacement inner cable.

they married up well with the old Weinmann safety levers, they feel super smooth a world away from the original side pull calipers. Just waiting for a set of new brake shoes to arrive.

couldn’t resist a shot of the bike in the evening sun 🌞

Gunk

Guru
I suppose if money was no object it would look more balanced with one of these maybe?
View attachment 520467

Nice to hear that I have divided opinion on the bar tape, it does match one of the stripes on the decals and personally I love it!

If I was keeping it there be lots more I would have done, I probably would have had the bare frame repainted, upgraded the crankset to the square taper NOS 105 set that I have in a box waiting for the right project, plus change the front and rear mechs to something a bit more modern.

I would have also fitted modern bars and Brifters, however Considering its all been done on a limited budget, I’m really pleased with this one, the biggest stroke of luck was the wheelset it came with, underneath the filth and grime, they were mint and both wheels run smooth and completely straight.

Top Bottom