Old Peugeot Premiere (Possible Project)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
These have just arrived 👍

View attachment 520514
Hurrah! Get on with it.

Gunk

Guru
Finally I managed to get some time to myself this afternoon. First job was the brake shoes, no dramas, they went on fine and the brakes all adjusted easily.

I know there were some concerns about using more modern double pivot brakes with older Weinmann levers but they’re fine and the extension levers work perfectly. The rear cable is too short as it was cut to fit the original callipers, so I’ll have to change that when a replacement arrives. I’ll also trim the front one down a bit as I shortened the outer cable, so it’s now too long.

Gunk

Guru
Finally a quick test run around the block.

A couple of minor adjustments when I got home, the front mech threw the chain off, it wasn’t on quite straight and the adjustment screw was too far out, the rear brake needed to be slightly tighter. So once done another trip out and it rides beautifully, really smooth and quiet, the brakes are brilliant, like a modern bike. If it was a 52cms frame, I would keep up but it’s now ready to go to its new owner.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed doing this one, it has been a lot of work, but I’ve had a lot of spare time!

I’m really pleased with the end result. A huge thanks must go to @EltonFrog who donated it to me, he is a top bloke!

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Fantastic.

Top Bottom