Old Peugeot Premiere (Possible Project)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve managed to get some colour on this morning before the showers come 🙁

Gunk

Guru
I’m pleased with the finish, just need to bolt them on

Gunk

Guru
I had a couple of hours free this afternoon, I put the old jockey wheels back on so I could fit the chain and I all the cables.

as usual the Weinmann brakes took an age to set up, I hate them!

I managed to have a quick test ride around the close everything worked nicely but the chain slipped like mad on the middle three cogs on the rear cassette. I noticed it was worn but thought I might just have got away with it, so it will have to be replaced

But it’s looking good and once tweaked and completed it’ll be a very nice bike

I thought after all this effort today I deserved a cheeky beer 🍺

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That’s looks excellent, great job.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had a couple of hours free this afternoon, I put the old jockey wheels back on so I could fit the chain and I all the cables.

as usual the Weinmann brakes took an age to set up, I hate them!

View attachment 519200

I managed to have a quick test ride around the close everything worked nicely but the chain slipped like mad on the middle three cogs on the rear cassette. I noticed it was worn but thought I might just have got away with it, so it will have to be replaced

View attachment 519202

But it’s looking good and once tweaked and completed it’ll be a very nice bike

View attachment 519201

View attachment 519203

I thought after all this effort today I deserved a cheeky beer 🍺

View attachment 519199
Worn, that cassette is absolute toast.

Gunk

Guru
Worn, that cassette is absolute toast.

Interestingly only in the middle three gears, so it was probably commuted to death and probably why it stopped being used, a typical Oxford bike!

I’ve also bought some used RX100 calipers, which I’ve used before for these 1980/90’s bikes and are a huge improvement on the crude original Weinmann’s, which although I refurbished I’m just not happy with them. I’ll keep the old Safety levers as they are a nice original feature.

So as usual the costs are rising, but It has to be right, especially as it will be going to new owner.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Interestingly only in the middle three gears, so it was probably commuted to death and probably why it stopped being used, a typical Oxford bike!

I’ve also bought some used RX100 calipers, which I’ve used before for these 1980/90’s bikes and are a huge improvement on the crude original Weinmann’s, which although I refurbished I’m just not happy with them. I’ll keep the old Safety levers as they are a nice original feature.

So as usual the costs are rising, but It has to be right, especially as it will be going to new owner.

View attachment 519291
Be very aware that with old levers and those brakes it'll be like hitting a brick wall unless you're really careful. Modern callipers are designed for "2 fingers from the hoods" braking, you grab a normal lever and Aaaaaaaaaaah.DAMHIKT :eek:

View attachment 519291
I see that they have a greater lever advantage than the Weinmanns.

Top Bottom