Old wives/traditional remedies. Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Have no idea about the efficacy of arnica. In my entire life only ever remember it coming up once. Some woman enticed me into a conversation about bum thrashing and suggested that the arnica would be good afterwards. Have no idea - didn',t road test either activity or substance with her.

What does the arnica actually do?

What the fark is arnica?

Arnica montana is a plant. You can buy it as a cream from most chemists or as a plant you can make a tea out of it and drink it, but you should not have too much. Its brilliant at lessening bruising, but also I found if you got a Blackthorn thorn in your finger or esp the joint it would hurt for days afterward you had pulled it out, but a bit of cream and the pain went for good.
on kids with their faster metabolism it was superb for all the knocks of childhood.

simongt

Guru
When I was doing my basic training many years ago, several of us had colds. We were in the local hostelry and the landlord, being of sharp eye and quick profit, recommended his whiskey toddies as a cure.
We don't remember getting back to our billets, but the next day - no colds - ! :okay:
Make of that what you will - ! :laugh:

Petrichorwheels

Arnica montana is a plant. You can buy it as a cream from most chemists or as a plant you can make a tea out of it and drink it, but you should not have too much. Its brilliant at lessening bruising, but also I found if you got a Blackthorn thorn in your finger or esp the joint it would hurt for days afterward you had pulled it out, but a bit of cream and the pain went for good.
on kids with their faster metabolism it

Top Bottom