Older ICE Trice - Opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
22% ? And the rest! Something like ((Purchase price plus delivery plus insurance) + 15% import duty) + 20% VAT. More like 40%.

Free delivery and it is not yours until delivered safely so no insurance required. Pay with a credit card or PayPal to be on the safe side in terms of purchase protection.
My Performer cost £1009 delivered to my door.
Nothing against KMX - but they are quite "agricultural" when compared with the Performer range.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Direct steer can feel quite harsh when compared with indirect. Under seat indirect is very much more comfortable with less vibration and jarring transmitted to the rider.
Only disadvantage of indirect that I can think of, is it may result in a larger turning circle.

Andrew1971

Veteran
KMX steering can be a bit sensative at higher speeds with the 16 inch wheel's. Never ridden a bigger wheel KMX.
The KMX tornado is my first ever recumbent trike got nothing else to compare it with.
Andrew

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Have you ridden the aluminium Venom? I haven't. I haven't ridden a Performer either. So the Performer is £1009 after paying duty and VAT?

The Performer JC70 is listed as £1559 on http://www.localbike.co.uk/acatalog/JC70_Trike.html

No, I have not ridden their top of the range model. I have ridden a Typhoon and as stated I found it a bit agricultural. Well made, robust, reasonably good value - but still agricultural.

To each their own - I have no personal interest in promoting Performer rather than KMX.
Ideally everyone would test ride whatever they plan to buy - but that is not always possible and if it isn't possible it is best to find out what other people's experience is.
If I were rich, I would buy an ICE - but if I were rich I wouldn't be driving a 12 year old Peugeot which cost me less when I bought it a few years ago than an ICE would have done.

PaulM

Guru
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERFORMER...T-COUNTRIES-/131619903845?hash=item1ea5285965

With the option to make an offer you'd pay less than 1k excluding any taxes.

So around £1400 then. Worth considering but it's 3lbs heavier than the KMX.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Having ridden a DKS steering trike for 8 months before going to USS I would not go back to a steering system that moves the steering in a foreign way to the natural system of under seat steering .

Can you explain exactly how you need to move the bars on direct steering and what problems it gave you? Bearing in mind I know nothing about how these things work.

DKS steering has the bars connected to the " head tubes " where Under Seat Steering has a standard bike type steering that is linked via a steering rod or rods

DKS is cheap to produce as there are less moving parts BUT the steering movement is left to right this means that to turn right you move the bars left !

I came off that trike 3 times with hitting speed bumps at speed and with the steering moving left to right,
the body lean due to hitting the bump caused me to "capsize " the trike The last injury was the last straw ( it took several months to heal during which the voyager trike was "born " with USS . if you are local you are welcome to try mine

regards emma

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
DKS steering has the bars connected to the " head tubes " where Under Seat Steering has a standard bike type steering that is linked via a steering rod or rods

DKS is cheap to produce as there are less moving parts BUT the steering movement is left to right this means that to turn right you move the bars left !

I came off that trike 3 times with hitting speed bumps at speed and with the steering moving left to right,
the body lean due to hitting the bump caused me to "capsize " the trike The last injury was the last straw ( it took several months to heal during which the voyager trike was "born " with USS . if you are local you are welcome to try mine

regards emma
Never having ridden a trike before and therefore having no "Muscle memory" to contend with I could imagine picking that up quickly, but who knows? Bit like steering a boat. Incidently, how do the bars move, fore and aft, side to side or up and down?

Thanks for the offer but I live in west Wales.

KMX trikes are more for the fun and quirky types of riding. I recall one promo video of one doing a two wheeled balancing ride and doing jumps off a BMX ramp. I'd take a Catrike any day of the week for commuting or longer Brevet types of riding.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
KMX trikes are more for the fun and quirky types of riding. I recall one promo video of one doing a two wheeled balancing ride and doing jumps off a BMX ramp. I'd take a Catrike any day of the week for commuting or longer Brevet types of riding.

I'll take a catrike for that too. I just want mine to blimmin arrive now!

Top Bottom