Olive oil/Rape Seed oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Be quick, I may be leaving soon.
it's true what they say about the notorious Sundays then?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
If you really want to feck your Italian chums over ....

How to annoy/puncture the delusions of an Italian is a mega subject of its own marmion as you possibly know. Some American stuff on youtube I think. A year ago an Italian American was sounding off about this in my local but I resisted the temptation to enter the conversation.

iandg

Legendary Member
it's true what they say about the notorious Sundays then?

The notorious Sundays are correct, but I've been here for more than 20 years now and things are slowly becoming more normal. Unfortunately my empoyers have fallen out with me and don't agree with my POV. It's going to be a settlement or tribunal - when it's all over I'm moving.

How to annoy/puncture the delusions of an Italian is a mega subject of its own marmion as you possibly know. Some American stuff on youtube I think. A year ago an Italian American was sounding off about this in my local but I resisted the temptation to enter the conversation.
I have Italian/Scottish family, it's a hoot when we get together to see the delusion/self-deprecation angst

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In case anybody is interested, I put the olive oil in my DIY thick salad dressings ... (they have the consistency of mayo.) Obviously, experiment and make your own mind up!

Extra virgin olive oil. (A British Standard Glug.)
Balsamic vinegar. (A slightly smaller Glug!)
Freshly squeezed lemon juice. (Half a lemon.)
Tamari. (5 splashes.)
Freshly ground black pepper. (15-20 twists of the mill.)
Multigrain mustard. (One teaspoonful)
Natural yoghurt/Greek yoghurt. (2 dessert spoonfuls of each.)
Honey. (I teaspoonful.)
Crushed garlic. (2-3 cloves.)

Whisk it all up and see what you think. I must have given that to about 20 different people over the years and so far everybody has really liked it.

PS If I am not sharing it with 'normal' people, I often chop a hot chilli into the dressing to give it a bit of a kick! :laugh:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
On my second bottle of rapeseed oil - first came from Aldi, this latest one from Lidl - proudly proclaims that it's from Norfolk so brings back happy memories of recent cycling there as well :smile:
Note that the regular 1ltr oils (in Aldi, Lidl et al) are usually 100% rapeseed oil, so don't buy the ickle bottles of rapeseed oil being sold at stupid prices - it's the same stuff!

Top Bottom