Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
In the Laura Kenny interview, she inferred that she was tired during the elimination round, so kept to the bottom of the track for an easier ride, but that risked elimination. I'm not surprised after the big crash.

I couldn't believe what Jason Kenny did in the Keirin final. Wow, what a ride.......:notworthy:
Brilliant wasn't it! I had heard he had won it so when the rerun came on I knew he was going to hold on to the lead but was great to watch. Can't wait for Paris now. Just 3 years and it will be better for tv times for us.

Martinsnos

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Finished watching tv. Phenomenal ride by Mr Kenny, never seen a keirin like that.

And really pleased for Kelsey ‘quadzilla’ Mitchell 🇨🇦.
I've just been catching up on what I missed before I managed to get up - Kenny actually won a very good qualifier and got the better of Lavreysen, who had been looking unbeatable at the outset of the competitions.

Mitchell looked really smooth against her sprint against Hinze.

The Aussies hardly got a look in in the cycling. I wonder if they've had trouble getting the national team training properly with covid restrictions.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
To be fair, they played a key part in Kenny's keirin gold ride 👍
The Australian team had an interesting take on it (since deleted)
keirin.jpg

They got a fair amount of stick for it, including some comments asking how much his backhander had been
https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentr...-wins-keirin-gold-glaetzer-attracts-criticism

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The Australian team had an interesting take on it (since deleted)
View attachment 603432
They got a fair amount of stick for it, including some comments asking how much his backhander had been
https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentr...-wins-keirin-gold-glaetzer-attracts-criticism
Unfair to blame it on Glaetzer for me. Kenny was truly audacious and it took so much time for it to sink in that Kenny was already well away. And he didn't hold the other riders up either....

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Unfair to blame it on Glaetzer for me. Kenny was truly audacious and it took so much time for it to sink in that Kenny was already well away. And he didn't hold the other riders up either....
Kenny took advantage of a 1in1000 opportunity. Glaetzer gifted him that opportunity, although there are other riders behind him that could have closed the gap.

Was it the previous Olympics where the Keirin had to be restarted twice as everyone was bunched up right behind the Derney and a bit too keen to start racing?

Top Bottom