Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I wur raat about tha' saddle.
Curiously, it was filmed in Greenwich, London - the edge of the Point alongside Maidenstone Hill (goes past my first ever girlfriend's house) and the bottom of Maidenstone Hill. I can assure you they don't talk like that in Greenwich!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I think you’re right.
Not sure it would work outdoors with cross winds, hills and corners.
But who knows.
I’m certainly not buying one to test my theory.
where would I put my rack and panniers?😀

I reckon those wide/long seat stays would stabilise the panniers nicely.
Also the clearance at the fork and rear of the bike should leave lots of room for wide tyres.
Sort the frame lay-up to incorporate some compliance and it could it be gravel bike nirvana :whistle:.

I'll just modify my old TT bike with the carbon Tailfin.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Gold and silver are looking orange in the men's sprint. Hoogland and Lavreysen are looking very, very strong. Carlin could not match Lavreysen for pure speed in his first outing

Cathryn

Legendary Member
They were amazing. Total rockstars.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Who would bet against Laura Kenny in the Omnium after a performance like that?
Kenny's words to the BBC:

“Unbelievable - I’ve never wanted to win a race so much in all my life and I messaged Jason and said I feel like my Olympics ends today, I love the team pursuit but I felt relief when it was over because this was the one race I wanted to win - I just feel so relieved.''

I wonder whether it is a veiled way of announcing her way out of the sport, with today's race being the pinnacle of her career. I hope not though. She could out-medal Wiggins.

Top Bottom