Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hoover's wheelsucking Walls makes a strange phrase.

I've forgotten co-commentator Jo's surname and it's annoying me. Can anyone remind me?
Rowsell or sometimes Rowsell-Shand.

Va Va Froome

Über Member
Brilliant: they are talking about the Maddison event on tv.

It‘a been a while but it’s back! :becool:

Would something similar be legal in a road TT?
I think you would need some brakes!
;-)

I have a hunch that the aero benefit is tiny - which may be why we're not winning everything. But you can see why it should/might work; the rider's legs are disrupting the airflow so much in that "channel", that putting the frame+forks inline seems like it might allow clean air-flow down the gap [between wheels and rider]. A nice idea 👍

So anyway, in the real world with more crosswinds and the like ... well I'm going to speculate it won't have a big effect on the marketplace with UK testers. You can all quote me on this :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think you’re right.
Not sure it would work outdoors with cross winds, hills and corners.
But who knows.
I’m certainly not buying one to test my theory.
where would I put my rack and panniers?😀

I think you would need some brakes!
;-)

I have a hunch that the aero benefit is tiny - which may be why we're not winning everything. But you can see why it should/might work; the rider's legs are disrupting the airflow so much in that "channel", that putting the frame+forks inline seems like it might allow clean air-flow down the gap [between wheels and rider]. A nice idea 👍

So anyway, in the real world with more crosswinds and the like ... well I'm going to speculate it won't have a big effect on the marketplace with UK testers. You can all quote me on this :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Now that really hurts the eyes. :sad::wacko:
Just in case anyone thought they were keeping themselves safe by not clicking the link :evil:...
1628179256725.png

1628179275419.png

Top Bottom