Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Jack Carlin involved in 2 crashes already.
Those repêchages turned into an elimination race!

Reactions: mjr

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The track events have provided some great entertainment as well as a lot of GB medals.
I've been enjoying watching them, especially the Madisons and pursuits.

At least I understand the Madison now. I went to watch a session at the Manchester velodrome shortly after it opened and I didn't know anything about the event back then. I was completely gobsmacked when the Madison started - I really couldn't get my head round what was going on! :wacko:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been enjoying watching them, especially the Madisons and pursuits.

At least I understand the Madison now. I went to watch a session at the Manchester velodrome shortly after it opened and I didn't know anything about the event back then. I was completely gobsmacked when the Madison started - I really couldn't get my head round what was going on! :wacko:
I think it's easier at a velodrome - you get a far better idea of where the pack is. On TV, where the camera understandably focuses on the front riders, you can easily lose the big picture. Even then, it can be pretty confusing.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Wow, I never expected that from Kenny. Luckily, neither did the others, which means he steals the Kierin final. Audacious gold. Seventh heaven!

Mike_P

Guru
Laura did also win the second event. A trawl of the BBC websites Olympic updates shows Jack Carlin finished eight in the minor Kerin final; there is a great video on there of Jack's reaction to Jasons ride timed at 4:22 (currently page 6)

GuyBoden

Guru
In the Laura Kenny interview, she inferred that she was tired during the elimination round, so kept to the bottom of the track for an easier ride, but that risked elimination. I'm not surprised after the big crash.

I couldn't believe what Jason Kenny did in the Keirin final. Wow, what a ride.......:notworthy:

Top Bottom