Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brilliant finish by Ganna and the team, what a rider world champs, Giro, Olympics, and still only 25.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The British bike is no looker is it?
1628086931940.png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If the aerodynamics are sound, you better get used to it because you'll see a lot more of them. Personally, it's more different than ugly.
Would something similar be legal in a road TT?

And I bet the UCI leadership breathed a big sigh of relief when Ganna and friends won! It wouldn't have been good if tapey crashey "we just do as we're told by the coaches"* Denmark had won.

*- paraphrasing. It did make me wish the reporter followed up by asking if they'd been told to take vitamin recovery injections, as we all know where athletes blindly following coaches has led so so often :sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Would something similar be legal in a road TT?

And I bet the UCI leadership breathed a big sigh of relief when Ganna and friends won! It wouldn't have been good if tapey crashey "we just do as we're told by the coaches"* Denmark had won.

*- paraphrasing. It did make me wish the reporter followed up by asking if they'd been told to take vitamin recovery injections, as we all know where athletes blindly following coaches has led so so often :sad:
I've no idea but I can't think why not. There could well be a geared version on the draughtboard.

Where's the old dude in the pith helmet gone in the keirin? Progress? Bah humbug.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Excellent start for Walls in the Omnium. Won the scratch race, and came second in the elimination. Now leading by 4 points.

Carlin also rode fast and brave in the sprints to take his first of three. And now he's taken the second. Levy beaten. Impressive!

Last edited:
Top Bottom