Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If the organisers ban radios they need to take responsibility for making sure that what remains is up to scratch. It seems the arguments over what actually happened are starting.
Same as it ever was. Remember the mobile phone networks collapsing around London 2012 and no one getting time gaps until the chalkboard went back to the old way of riding up to the leader, stopping and counting on a stopwatch? https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/jul/30/olympic-cycling-timing-failure-mobile-firms

It's a race every 4 (normally) years in a different country each time. Teams should factor this sort of stuff into their plans.

Last edited:

yello

the onscreen gfx didn't correlate this information for quite a while.

Tbh, I found the graphics confusing at first, took me a while to figure what was happening with them. I'm not sure they were always in sync with the pictures, which didn't help, and I sometimes couldn't work out exactly who I was looking at and what the gaps were.

I don't know if you guys were seeing the same as me but I guess so. I guess it was the official feed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone needing a fix of bikes this afternoon.

Redbull Hardline is on from 2pm from Dyfi in Wales. Anyone not know, google it.

Cycling insanity. :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
I didn't get up to see the start ,but just watched the highlights on GCN ,It looks like Anna Kiesenhoffer started the breakaway :bravo:what a ride . It showed it on GCN but didn't say who it was ,did AVV crash early doors ?

Flipping windy yesterday in North Wales. Extended coverage today
Spectacular stuff.... rather them than me. Great skills.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Noticeable as far as I could see no other rider congratulated the winner or the assumed winner.
The lovely lovely Cecilie did! The Dutch girls were notable in their blanking of the winner! I’m hoping they didn’t realise she was there and went later to congratulate her but it didn’t look good!
21348BB6-A5D2-4CBD-A59C-AF4B2CD76CAE.jpeg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I didn't get up to see the start ,but just watched the highlights on GCN ,It looks like Anna Kiesenhoffer started the breakaway :bravo:what a ride . It showed it on GCN but didn't say who it was ,did AVV crash early doors ?
Yes, Norsgaard lost control on the same dodgy road joint as Tao and AvV played G's role of riding into her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom