Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What kind of cyclist is TP going to be when he grows up? ;)
If you look at his palmares, he's won so many different kinds of stuff: road, TT, CX, MTB ...

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you look at his palmares, he's won so many different kinds of stuff: road, TT, CX, MTB ...
I love the way this new young breed aren't willing to pigeon-hole themsleves. WVA, MVDP etc

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As they said in commentary, it gets very difficult to avoid the lure of the money. And the money is with the big road teams.
He also wants to do the crazy endurance stuff but a pro team is unlikely to allow that.

Va Va Froome

Über Member
Some of the Olympic velodrome boys have had great road careers (Wiggins/Pursuit, Thomas/Pursuit, Cavendish/Omnium).

I really love that multidisciplinary way.

I hadn't really seen much of Pidcock apart from 'look out for this guy, he's won offroad youth World Championships' type chat. Some recognisable road names he competed with in World Championship Cyclocross (van Aert / van der Poel). I bet he'll be really keen to try and get the gold in that event to upgrade his silver and be the first UK winner of it!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some of the Olympic velodrome boys have had great road careers (Wiggins/Pursuit, Thomas/Pursuit, Cavendish/Omnium).

I really love that multidisciplinary way.

I hadn't really seen much of Pidcock apart from 'look out for this guy, he's won offroad youth World Championships' type chat. Some recognisable road names he competed with in World Championship Cyclocross (van Aert / van der Poel). I bet he'll be really keen to try and get the gold in that event to upgrade his silver and be the first UK winner of it!
He won a lot more as well as off-road as a youth - such world TT, Paris Roubaix, Giro d'Italia.

Plus as a senior Brabantse Pijl (outsprited WvA) and second in Amstel Gold (to WvA in a controversial photo finish)

Add in his CX and MTB success and it's hard to see what he isn't good at.

Va Va Froome

Über Member
He won a lot more as well as off-road as a youth - such world TT, Paris Roubaix, Giro d'Italia.

Plus as a senior Brabantse Pijl (outsprited WvA) and second in Amstel Gold (to WvA in a controversial photo finish)

Add in his CX and MTB success and it's hard to see what he isn't good at.

The world is well and truly his oyster!

I never knew there was a junior Giro. I see Marco Pantani on the list of champions after checking.

Top Bottom