Olympic Road Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I went through again this afternoon and took a cpl of photos and some shaky hand iPhone video of the situation there (even though I was and AM sick Today). The things you do in the name of research, sheesh. Pics and vid to follow...

BTW - I will try to remember Luke, yeah. You know the race actually starts at 10am and they estimate to be coming through on their way out at about 10:20, right? :whistle:

I know, but I'm out on Friday night so there is no way I'm getting up early enough or sober enough to get to RP on my bike by 9am, so I'm just going to watch to more exciting return leg.

Guys - apparently Box Hill will be locked down from 3am according to some people I know working on the course. The barriers on the main course will go in 6am.

Have a good one !

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Okay, here are the fantastically exciting pics and video is pending. The racy angle I was holding the iPhone at makes it actually like a proper 30% hill climb, but in actual fact it's next to nowt! Apologies again for the shaky camera on the vids (when they finally get uploaded). Never filmed using a phone before while cycling along :whistle:

Oh and Luke - my plans have changed, last minute so I won't be in Richmond Park in the morning, sorry.

2qx0yac.jpg

347h6ok.jpg

2093dzk.jpg

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Yes, I think you're right. May restrict the crowds somewhat as a side effect though. They were still putting up more barriers at the top of Sawyers on the right hand side as I went through Yesterday...

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Not sure exactly who is joining us, but Ian and I are meeting at the Costa in Westerham, which is about 20 miles from the BoxHill circuit using the A25. I will plan a more scenic alternative to use if the roads are excessively busy.
Current thinking is that we will go and look at the the cycling expo at the foot of Box Hill and the one in Denbies, then go to the top of PebbleHill Road for the arrival of the Peloton at about 11.45.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
if i go i'll wear a fridays shrt and be at top of pebble hill road for 11.45. daughter is home for the weekend so may not go, though

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
They look too far away from the road to be for spectators to stand behind, more likely for deer control.
They won't keep deer out. They jump!

U

User10571

Not sure exactly who is joining us, but Ian and I are meeting at the Costa in Westerham, which is about 20 miles from the BoxHill circuit using the A25. I will plan a more scenic alternative to use if the roads are excessively busy.
Current thinking is that we will go and look at the the cycling expo at the foot of Box Hill and the one in Denbies, then go to the top of PebbleHill Road for the arrival of the Peloton at about 11.45.
What time are you leaving Westerham, pls?

frank9755

Cyclist
I fancy coming along.
Is there a summary post for people who are viewing this in the pub on their phones, have done no organising but would like to come and catch up with people they've not seen for ages?
If not, i'll get up early and trawl through the above and make plans!
Frank

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I fancy coming along.
Is there a summary post for people who are viewing this in the pub on their phones, have done no organising but would like to come and catch up with people they've not seen for ages?
If not, i'll get up early and trawl through the above and make plans!
Frank
Meet at Westerham at 7.30am for Costa Coffee. Leave at 8am and cycle along A25 to Dorking to check out the cycle shows at Denbies and the bottom of Box Hill
Then go here for about 10.30-11am to watch the loop.
http://goo.gl/maps/Z75V
This is just near the top of Pebblehill Road.
Would be great to see you.

Top Bottom