Olympic RR **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Sagan has a slight disadvantage in that he is a one man team, i don't think he'll be allowed to breakaway and if he does will be chased down by other teams.
however if he can keep his nose clean ride on the wheels of the other favourites then hes in with a shout.

Sagan has a slight disadvantage in that he is a one man team, i don't think he'll be allowed to breakaway and if he does will be chased down by other teams.
however if he can keep his nose clean ride on the wheels of the other favourites then hes in with a shout.
You know what, just reading that makes me want to grow a monobrow and learn Slovenian. Prejsť Sagan, pódium dievčatá plakať, ak pán Cav vyhrať!

lukesdad

The Belgians swiss and French may well want to make it a a race of attrition similar to a spring classic. I would't be surprised to see a very select group off the front on the last couple of circuits of box hill.
The way to counter a break I would have thought would be for the Brits to put a man to sit on any break

Cheddar George

oober member
Team GB will be riding for Cavendish, just as they did in the worlds. I still find the Team SKY/GB trade team/national team an incredible situation, after watching Geraint Thomas perform in the 2011 TdF for his "trade" team he is then allowed to give it a miss the next year so he can have a go for an olympic medal on the track, . The downside is having a national team sponsored by Murdoch.

toby123

It's just fascinating, I'm going to be there and I'm really looking forward to it. I think that the winner will be the one that crosses the line first.:o)

PpPete

Legendary Member
Wondering if a break doesn't form on the first few laps of the Box Hill circuit they might not send Froomey up the road to try and build a break - which he then does his best to destabilise later. Given all the speculation around, that could mess with a load of people's heads?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Anyone else looking forward for the female beach volley ball or is it just me ?

I know what I'll be watching over mens cycling

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Wondering if a break doesn't form on the first few laps of the Box Hill circuit they might not send Froomey up the road to try and build a break - which he then does his best to destabilise later. Given all the speculation around, that could mess with a load of people's heads?

I'd have thought they would be more inclined to use Millar in a break.

perplexed

Guru
If it does come down to a huge bunch sprint, then my grubby fiver would be on Cav.

But it's the potential for attrition on Box Hill that worries me. I'm tempted to have a cheeky tenner on Mr. Sagan. He's no team, but that didn't stop him winning stages in the TdF.:ohmy:

siadwell

Guru
What TV coverage is there ?

Aunty Beeb has Olympic programming most of Saturday on BBC1. Coverage of the RR could be a bit patchy. According to TV Guide:
9:30-11:30 "also the chance to see the early stages of the men's cycling road race"
11:30-13:00 "updates on the men's cycling road race"
13:15-16:45 "conclusion to the men's cycling road race"

BBC Sport Interactive Freeview 1 has solid coverage between 10:45 and 13:15.

BBC Olympics 3 (only on Sky?) appears to cover the whole thing 9:50 to 16:25.

Full listings at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/default.asp?systemid=10&cTime=7/28/2012 12:00:00 PM&thisTime=12&thisDay=7/28/2012&catColor=

Top Bottom